Hey guys, I'm a huge, huge RIM/BlackBerry fan, I love my BlackBerry and I can't ... Networking with PinStackers forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Anyone have an iPod Touch...??

Advertisement

Hey guys,
    I'm a huge, huge RIM/BlackBerry fan, I love my BlackBerry and I can't go anywhere without, it's with me 100% of the time!!

But, I'm also a huge nerd who loves computers, gadgets, and is a sucker for kool new things. Well my little cousin came over my house recently and showed me his iPod touch, I played with it for a while and fell in love with it.

So I ended up buying myself one a few days later (an 8gb), and being the nerd I am, I instantly hacked it and put TONS of games on it..I must say, once it's hacked, the iPod is so fun, I would still choose my BlackBerry over it any day, but I must say, it's a super kool nerd toy.

Anyone have one? if so, what do you think?

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    I'm also thinking about getting the iPod Touch. I would never get an iPhone, but since my iPod Classic is on its last legs, I might just do it. My BB will always be by my side for email, but the browser is niiiice on the touch. I'm holding off as long as I can though.

E3BK, The touch is awesome!! I also have an 80gb Classic for just music, and I'm currently using my Touch for Photos and Games. But it's awesome, you must hack it in order to get it's full potential

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i have one, but haven't attempted the 'jailbreak' yet to get all the cool stuff...is it easy?

Cherri, it depends on the firmware, if you have 1.1.4 (I believe), all you need is a wifi connection and you pretty much do it online (OTA kinda) to download the installer.

I'm going to do it soon, but I've upgraded to 2.0 firmware and they're in the process of working out the bugs for Jailbreak WinPwn 2.0

sugarhoodie no está en línea Stack level 2
    i bought the 16g touch with some gift cards i got for my birthday...and ended up returning it. in my opinion, its not really worth the astronomical price right now! i didn't find that i was able to rely on the wifi at all. and i was constantly worried that i was going to have to delete music/videos due to the small amount of memory. i think i am just going to wait until the price drops or they find a way to up the memory. it is definitely a cool toy, but i really struggled with the price/memory issue.

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Darn you Beeshabo! Now I want it. I'm trying to hold out for the BB touchpad phone. Or at least wait until it comes out so I can compare.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    ZiPhone jailbreaks the touch with software 1.1.4 with just one click. It automatically adds Installer to your homescreen. The only drawback is that I had to restore it to factory, then load all my music and vids again after it was jalbroken.

I have the "Sketches" application and a ton of games and it is a nice companion to my curve. Worth it? Yes. Oh and some of the themes are cool too.

Lol E3BK, I love it, Its so kool...

Sugar, well I really don't see the iPod touch being a music player, it's good for viewing your pictures and maybe watching videos/movies, but I agree, they're too expensive for the amount of memory, I have an 80gb iPod classic for my music, and as for the iPod touch, well I don't have it to replace my current iPod, but I have it just for entertainment...well worth it IMO

There you go ZiPhone is the online method...I forgot then name, thanks MrRadio....That's how I did it, but I restored mine and upgraded to 2.0 firmware, now I'm just waiting for the latest version of Jailbreak with 2.0 installer support

officer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244a6afa
    i like mine but just use it for music. I wish I could delete all the other stuff I don't use like contacts, calendar, maps etc
    Buck!!!
    Always somewhere else

TheBlackSheep no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30C4031D
    I have one and I love it

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    I had one, but I sold it when I got my Storm.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here