Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I would like to help test if you need me. Pin in profile.... Networking with PinStackers forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Anyone else having issues with BB messaging?

Advertisement

I would like to help test if you need me. Pin in profile.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Hi CP,

as you can see from the previous messages, I am having an issue. I can add Messenger contacts and type messages and my messages can be seen but I see no replies. I can also receive PIN messages and have re-sent service books and re-installed BBM but I'm not having any luck.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Thanks to CP's help, My problem has been resolved. I had to go in to my event log (hold down ALT and then type lglg), pull up your menu and then choose "Clear Log", then go to Security, Firewall, and choose Reset Settings under the menu.

My BBM began working as soon as I did this.

Thanks again for all the help CP & Cherri.

Chad

AC INKA no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447B685

Hi everyone, i am having a somewhat similar issue. My BB messenger displays that i am unavailable on my friends' contact list but i am always available. It happens sporadically and very often. I have done all the troubleshooting steps that have been suggested on this thread with no positive results. Does anyone have any other suggestions???

Thanks in advanced.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Does it always display that you are unavailable or only sometimes? If you are on the phone or if you have poor reception, it will change your status for you.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

AC INKA ^^ one thing i have noticed is that sometimes, it may show them as unavailable (as in on a call or out of range) but try sending them a message and it brings their status back to 'away'...

PIN/ID
    2447B685

Hi guys, Kaleb. My availability on the top left hand corner always displays available (the blue smiley face without the x) i have asked my friends to send me a text message when i show unavailable and i've confirmed that i am not using the phone in any way whatsoever when this happens. In terms of coverage, i have exceptional coverage around my area, and today i have not moved at all, have had 4 to 5 bars, and still this "unavailable" curse has been taunting me :cry:

Cherri.. I have never seen any memeber of my contact list go unavailable (red x). only once did my girlfriend go unavailable, and that's only because she thought i did that purposely. so she retaliated out of spite. lol. But seriously.. if they are on a call or busy, i see the little icon next to their smiley face but never have i seen the red x one would normally see if they did change their status to unavailable.

i'm getting upset!! ahhhh!!!! what should i do!!! iPhone??? haha

thanks for helping guys
    Last edited by AC INKA; 09-10-2007 at 02:56 AM.

PIN/ID
    ATA

sorry - when i said 'unavailable' i meant - on the phone or out of range. not purposely mark yourself as unavailable (with the red x)

the only other thing i can think of is to pull the battery. bbm can be very buggy at times and VERY frustrating (i wiped and reloaded my OS yesterday bc i had to pull the battery 3x's in an hour bc the smiley face bbm notification wouldn't go away - kept saying i had a message when i didn't)

PIN/ID
    2447B685

wow your fast... sorry about all my typos in the previous post, it's 2am here... lol yeah, i've removed the battery, and all that fun stuff, with the exception of wiping, and reinstalling the OS. Do you think it can be fixed? or should i live with it until a new BB comes out and i buy that? i'm a perfectionist when it comes to my gadgets... so this is so frustrating for me also!! ahhhhh. you know. one thing i was wondering. I don't think anyone has ever said anything to me about me showing up as unavailable until i unlocked the vendor themes. now i know it's probably a long shot or me just thinking of an excuse, but do you think it's possible this could have had something to do with it? oh and i unlocked the vendor themes on thurs. night i believe.

PIN/ID
    ATA

ok, so we are on the same page, your friend's bb shows you as unavailable with the half circle lines beside the smiley face? or with the x, under the group unavailable?

not sure unlocking the vendor themes is the issue. is your friend the only one that has the issue?

PIN/ID
    2447B685

on my friends contact list i show up with a red x under the group unavailable. I have confirmed this with 2 people on my list (unless they lied). Like kalebsdad78, all of a sudden i will go unavailable while in mid conversation with someone and never recieve a response, but see that they are typing away.

PIN/ID
    ATA

ok, if it is physically placing you in the 'group unavailable' something is off. *normally* you have to go to menu/my status and click the unavailable and then choose OK to put yourself in that SAME mode. so your other two friends say that you aren't in unavailable...right? just the ONE friend?

CP had Kalebsdad clear some logs and do something to the firewall settings...did you try that? just in case? I tested with kalebsdad too, and he never showed unavailable. so i'm thinking the issues may be different...

PIN/ID
    2447B685

I might have to have them explain to me what they see exactly. looking at my contacts now i see a little icon that looks like a clock next to one person and when i go check their status it states that they are busy. another one of my contacts has what looks to be a "speaker" and when i go check their status it says that the are "unreachable". i'm wondering if that's what they are seeing. Now i have to triple check =P how troublesome.

And yup. i did do what CP and kalebsdad did. Maybe it is a different issue, i hope not though. i guess i'll just wait and see until after i re-confirm what icon they see next to my name.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

have u tried uninstalling and re-installing the bbm?
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

PIN/ID
    2447B685

Indeed i have... Thank you though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast