Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by rpol8052 well not only that the STI tranny has the DCCD remember? ... Networking with PinStackers forum

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Any Subaru Wrx Or WRX STI Owners??!!!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    well not only that the STI tranny has the DCCD remember? so that means you have to get the DCCD module and wiring which will probably be a pain!!!so what i suggest is probably a Legacy GT Spec B tranny which is synchronized close ratio 6sp very similer to the STI but it will hold better than the Factory tranny of yours
    Really? I see you and TeamJordan are going to be my new Subaru consultants! I'm going to research more on that when I get home from work. And the 6spd will mount right on the 2.0L right?

Are there any Nissan owners on here as well or drifters?

tj2311111 Guest

If you goal is 400awhp I would work on the tranny first. Or at least before you work on big power mods (if you want you can do suspension first). That way you buy the parts you need and can sell the stock parts instead of blowing the tranny and having no parts to sell (a loss). Look into the PPG Gearset as i dont believe the STI JDM RA Gearset can hold 400awhp. The limit on the STI JDM RA Gearset would be around 350awhp I would say, pushing it if you ask me.

But seriously if it was me and I had the money I would swap in a STi tranny. Or the Spec B tranny might work like mentioned by rpol8052.

BTW all those parts are money man. Its gonna be relatively expensive.
    Last edited by tj2311111; 12-12-2007 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    If you goal is 400awhp I would work on the tranny first. Or at least before you work on big power mods (if you want you can do suspension first). That way you buy the parts you need and can sell the stock parts instead of blowing the tranny and having no parts to sell (a loss). Look into the PPG Gearset as i dont believe the STI JDM RA Gearset can hold 400awhp. The limit on the STI JDM RA Gearset would be around 350awhp I would say.

But seriously if it was me and I had the money I would swap in a STi tranny. Or the Spec B tranny might work like mentioned by rpol8052.

BTW all those parts are money man. Its gonna be relatively expensive.
    Well anything performance is going to cost you, plus I see it like this:

1st upgrade - Tein Super Street / Type Flex Damper System w/EDFC or Tanabe Sustec Pro II Coilovers w/pillowball mounts, Front & Rear Cusco Strur Bars, Cusco Center Brace, Cobb Front & Rear Endlinks,

2nd upgrade - Spec B Tranny for +400 hp or JDM RA Gearset for 350awhp max (and like I said I want a quick responsive handling car, not a high hp car) Exedy Clutch Stage 2 or Stage 3 and Flywheel

After Christmas Day I'm gonna start purchasing the parts, the big upgrades are going to be bought in March around my birthday, hehe. And from my girlfriend for xmas I asked for Cobb Access Port (I'll throw in some money to help her out, since she isn't a car person and despite my bad sneaker habit).

Engine upgrades won't go in until I get everything and when it does to make it brief I'm looking to get....JDM WRX Spec C Intake Manifold, Megan Racing Unequal Turbo Manifold, Turbo XS Turbo Exhaust System w/ Hi-Flo Cat or HKS Carbon Ti Catback, some internal components, etc...... As far as installation, my fellow teammate works for Toyota and he works on my car all the time, lol So installation is free, except for the tranny and suspension jobs.

Whateva I'm going to be doing I'll be sure to keep track of it and send yall 2 pics of my installations as they go on.

I don't wanna give two many secrets away though, lol. But these options are bound to change in the future though
    Last edited by silviajdm; 12-12-2007 at 05:40 PM.

tj2311111 Guest

Dont forget sway bars (front and rear) they make a big difference as a suspension mod. Seems like a pretty good layout for mods so far. And yes plans change all the time in the modding game.

I had the TurboXS RFL Ti TBE on my STi. All I can say is OMG that exhaust was amazing. Sounded like a modified V8, deep throaty boxer rumble. Even when idling it sounded nice. Also gotta love hearing the turbo spool with the massive 4" DP. My neighbors hated me it shook their windows and set off cars alarms all the time. Just be ready for cops too, whenever I see one I had to drop it in neutral and coast by. haha.

Sounded like this (not my STi)....Video doesnt do it justice.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...b446669e20.htm
    Last edited by tj2311111; 12-12-2007 at 05:48 PM.

I didnt want to get to detailed and blabber on but bascially the suspension is going to be the major highlight of the car. And also a nice brake setup cause I need to stop, lol. That exhaust sounds amazing!!!! I swear sometimes I think I bought the car for the boxer sound, lol.

b00st3d no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242557E5

05 sti here!

i posted in the other car thread as well

here is a different shot:

Welcome!

Any Tri-State stackers selling the OEM WRX/STI air "ram" funnel? I need to take this CAI off ASAP

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by silviajdm View Post
    Welcome!

Any Tri-State stackers selling the OEM WRX/STI air "ram" funnel? I need to take this CAI off ASAP
    I have my original from my 06 STI $60 plus the shipping

sorry I didnt see the last post you did. I ended up getting one locally from someone I met up with on NASOIAC....it's not stayin in long though, I just had to get rid of that ebay cai the previous owner decided to throw in the car without tune. The Air/Fuel is back to normal and the car runs much smoother.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

ok cool

Wombat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2104929D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Does a LGT with an STi swap count?
    I can't take credit, but my 05 legecy gt had the tmic, intake and turbo installed from and STi. Then added a Cobb downpipe with tune All by the previous owner.
    I haven't been to the dyno or track yet. So I don't know the results imperically, but it scoots.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

thats great man of course it count...deep down all subies are alike

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Does a LGT with an STi swap count?
    I can't take credit, but my 05 legecy gt had the tmic, intake and turbo installed from and STi. Then added a Cobb downpipe with tune All by the previous owner.
    I haven't been to the dyno or track yet. So I don't know the results imperically, but it scoots.
    I like Legacies especially the Spec B.....and I heard rumors on NASOIAC that a Legacy STI is supposed to be dropping 09....who knows?

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by silviajdm View Post
    I like Legacies especially the Spec B.....and I heard rumors on NASOIAC that a Legacy STI is supposed to be dropping 09....who knows?
    thats not true man i wish im telling you its not cuz remember i work for subaru they woul let us know like always too bad though i would love that

Oh man, I seen on some Japan sites talking about Foresters and legacys tuned by STI. Plus I seen some vids and some info about Subaru releasing the Forester STI in 2005.

By the way, will a 06 sti diffuser fit a 04 WRX?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast