Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well I've let myself go this year with school and 2 jobs its pretty hard ... Networking with PinStackers forum

EthanCole Guest

Any Personal Trainers/Fitness freaks? I need your help!

Advertisement

Well I've let myself go this year with school and 2 jobs its pretty hard to find the time to be going to the gym or even making my own lunch in the morning. What it comes down to: I need to work out! But since I have to quit one of my jobs so that I can get into shape so no cash for the gym. eeek. So I in desperate need for some advice and set up this cool work out guide on gymtechnik where you can go online and edit your work out so you can see it on your blackberry when your out working it at the gym or where ever. So if there is anyone that can help me set up the workout i'll share my log in and set something up... I really need help from a pro.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I signed up for this myself so I can monitor my workouts. I wish this was a launchable app from the homescreen. This is a very useful app. I had to contact them as I never got the activation email I was supposed to but CS activated it for me. BTW, when I got the email, the CS rep that sent it sent it from a Rogers BB LOL ("Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network" is the signature attached to the email). I thought that was neat.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-30-2008 at 06:42 PM.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    A.C.S.M health and fitness instructor here.

What I did was set up the following exercises:
    Abs, Back, Biceps, Chest, Cardio (didn't find anything I could do under the Leg section as I am disabled and not able to perform those exercises. I may add my own after consulting a physical therapist).

It gave me the suggested reps to perform and everything. I go to a special gym that has the equipment I need. I just needed exercises to perform. I need to lose at least 10 if not 15-20 pounds from all this holiday snacking and eating LOL
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-30-2008 at 06:40 PM.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PTR View Post
    Well I've let myself go this year with school and 2 jobs its pretty hard to find the time to be going to the gym or even making my own lunch in the morning. What it comes down to: I need to work out! But since I have to quit one of my jobs so that I can get into shape so no cash for the gym. eeek. So I in desperate need for some advice and set up this cool work out guide on gymtechnik where you can go online and edit your work out so you can see it on your blackberry when your out working it at the gym or where ever. So if there is anyone that can help me set up the workout i'll share my log in and set something up... I really need help from a pro.
    working out is only a small part, your diet is key for success even, if you dont have the time or money for a membership focus on what your eating cut down on processed foods, stay away from packaged foods most of your meal should consist of lean protein such as chicken or tune and good quality carbs such as sweet potatoes or brown rice, if you need any help just pin or pm me
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

I could use tips for healthy eating on-the-go. I am a busy college student who is almost never home during the school year and I'm always eating the wrong things when I'm not at home.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I could use tips for healthy eating on-the-go. I am a busy college student who is almost never home during the school year and I'm always eating the wrong things when I'm not at home.

eating good in college is tough... especially when your on a budget. #1 thing i will tell you is to not drink soda/energy its the worst possible thing to drink. The average American person drinks 40 gallons of soda a year, if you cut this out you can lose 5 lbs no problem, I'm in college right no i only drink 2 things water and beer.
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

LOL! And beer is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    LOL! And beer is good for you.
    lol thats how think about it.... if im going to drink extra empty calories its gonna be something that will get me drunk lol!

LOL! I get you but i was being for real, beer is indeed good for you 1-2 beers a day can provide you with a good amount of flavonoids and anti-oxidants the darker the beer the better plus scientists are not exactly sure why but light alcohol use actually protects the brain over time. LOL so next time you have a beer rest assured you're drinking to your health.

EthanCole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rjs87 View Post
    working out is only a small part, your diet is key for success even, if you dont have the time or money for a membership focus on what your eating cut down on processed foods, stay away from packaged foods most of your meal should consist of lean protein such as chicken or tune and good quality carbs such as sweet potatoes or brown rice, if you need any help just pin or pm me
    thanks for the quick help! I added you on bbm so we can take it from there. hahaha beer is good? and ive been trying to stay away from it all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by PTR View Post
    thanks for the quick help! I added you on bbm so we can take it from there. hahaha beer is good? and ive been trying to stay away from it all this time.
    Beer is good in moderation, 1 maybe 2 any more then that you dehydrate your muscles, slow your metabolism, and slow protein synthesis which helps your muscles grow

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm not a personal trainer, but I kind of am a fitness freak. I go to the gym Monday through Friday's from about 8 or 8:30 to 11pm. I play basketball and work out my abs, obliques and triceps. (I don't like the girly flab underneath the arms.)

Anyhow, when I'm not at the gym, walking is an alternative for me. I usually walk a mile and more than half the time, my little chihuahua is the one that drags me.

I think that if you want, you could always look in Glamour magazines as they have workout tips and tricks.

Additionally, you could always do dips at home (for your arms, both triceps and biceps).

Lastly, I don't eat after 6pm. (That really REALLY helps.)

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    I eat every 3 hours, carbs and protein with my first 3 meals and no carbs my last 3 meals. Smaller portions more often keeps your metabolism racing, hence constant burning of calories. No sugar drinks, no candy. Workout 5 days a week. Sleep is key cause #1 your muscles only grow when you sleep. #2 It all starts in your head. You gotta want to do it so if you dont sleep enuff you wont wake up mentally ready to hit the gym and train right. Stretching is key also. Think of your muscles like they are rubberbands, the more you stretch them the bigger they get. Stretch before and after workouts. Proper diet is a must. Your muscles cant grow without nutrition. There is a kool calorie counter app for blackberrys available for free. Find it and download it. When I do drink alcohol, I only drink Vodka with club soda and a slice of lime. Vodka and Gin have the least sugar and calories. Try to lay off the beer. Finally suplements are also key. Branched amino acids, fish oils, quick releasing protien ...stuff like that. I been training for a long time so if you need ANY advice, feel free to pin me

Brian....
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

allpro64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I work in the fitness industry and in professional sports, physical therapy and training, so if you need any training advice or nutrition advice feel free to pin me or email its below

PIN: 31CCDF2A

Tshock@sprint.blackberry.net
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast