Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LDS, from central Utah.....I love the Dolphins, the Jazz, and cheer for ANYONE playing BYU. ... Networking with PinStackers forum

jdelmo13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

LDS, from central Utah.....I love the Dolphins, the Jazz, and cheer for ANYONE playing BYU.

Anyone know if there is a BB app out there similar to the MyWard palm application for viewing ward/stake MLS info?

Craig_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I have some questions about LDS. Where did the book of Mormon come from? Why does it have the exact translation errors of the King James Bible, and exact quotes from Ethan Smith's View of the Hebrews written in 1823? Is there any archeloogical evidence to support the book of Mormon? Why does Alma 7:10 say Christ was born in Jerusalem? Why was the "original" written in reformed egyptian when the people described in the book were Jewish? Wouldn't it have then been written in Hebrew instead? Why would the word "Church" apear in the book before Christ? The "Church" was not established until after Christ.

Hopefully you will look into some of these answers. I am eagerly awaiting your response.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am in-active but have been a mormon since about 95. Couldn't give up my pop, beer and cigs so I stopped going. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    so i am religion challenged. I dont want to offend anyone but can someone explain exactly what a mormon is? I have heard the terms, and have only heard of LDS via the news. So if someone can describe in short what a mormon is or at least the difference between a morman and lets say a christian? (yes I know what a christian is lol, just looking for differences) Thanks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Ok well if you really want to know about us just find some of our missionaries. Ill try my best to awnser you though. You have asked very good questions Craig and Mserica, ill explain more about us.

Craig_C:

Book of Mormon Origin: The book of mormon was translated by Joseph Smith. He was wondering what church was true and which one he should join. So one day after reading James 1:5, he went into a grove and started praying to god. God awnsered him saying that none of the churches were true and that he should join none of them. He then told Joseph of the gold plates which were buried. Joseph took them and translated them.

Why does it have the exact translation errors of the King James Bible, and exact quotes from Ethan Smith's View of the Hebrews written in 1823?
    I do not know about that but ill look into it.

Is there any archeloogical evidence to support the book of Mormon?
    Now this is a very popular question and to tell you the truth, I dont know much detail about this and I am sorry but I dont have the time to spend hours looking up this awnser in one sitting.

Why was the "original" written in reformed egyptian when the people described in the book were Jewish?
    Well, another hard question. From what I know, they spoke Egyptian and it was slowly changed over time like all languages.

Why would the word "Church" apear in the book before Christ? The "Church" was not established until after Christ.
    This one is easy for me. The people in the Book of Mormon are followers of Christ and when they use Church, it refers to the Church if that makes any sense. Just cause Jesus wasnt born yet doesnt mean IMHO that church was not used.

Mserica:

I dont want to offend anyone but can someone explain exactly what a mormon is?
    This is hard, you dont want to confuse us with the FLDS first off. We are completely different from them but some have mistaken LDS as FLDS. Next is this, we are christian, it bothers me and really offends me when im talking and explaining this and someone claims im not christian. I believe in Christ, I believe in the Bible even though I might have some different interpretations of it. Just those to clear that up. Ok well, here I go. We are founded on the quick explanation above. We strive to do good in our lifes and be as close to god as we can. A mormon believes in the LDS church and our prophets. I hope I explained that better, lol.

If you have any more questions, just ask. I am glad to awnser them for you but its probably better if you email me at dallas1125 at gmail dot com.

Also, mods if this isnt appropriate, im sorry. You can delete this message or the thread, I dont want to preach here. So if you have any questions email me.

BigJames no está en línea Stack level 2
    Not Mormon, but a lot of our neighbors are. They are very nice people!!!

Big James
    BlackBerry Pearl 8110

bigjames@att.blackberry.net

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    very good overview Dallas. I appreciate that. Just wanted a little clarity and you gave it, thanks! Im gonna do a little more reading up on it
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

comegetme no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am lds and I live in northwest arkansas! Anyone is welcome to add me 31AC655A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

makenzie678 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    Im LDS! Im from North Ogden.
    Really? That's crazy! I'm not lds but I'm from the same place

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12