Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Either I am doing something wrong, overlooking something or just simply very frustrated that I ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Lyleez no está en línea Stack level 2

Another issue

Advertisement

Either I am doing something wrong, overlooking something or just simply very frustrated that I cannot seem to make anything work ... I have been attempting to fix different problems with my phone today and no luck .. I am trying to reinstall BBM back to my phone, its is now saying my phone is not compatible.. how is that if it came with it a few months ago??? I uninstalled because I thought that was the reason for my other issue, come to find out it isn't .... so what do I do now?? I am at my wits end with this phone and as much as I love it, I am seriously hating that I keep encountering so many problems .... anyone please help, I am still searching the posts to hopefully come across anything helpful, but am honestly fed up at this point ....

Juls3412 no está en línea Stack level 2
    How are you trying to reinstall BBM?

Thru my desktop, also tried once on my phone , did not work ... I am here searching for websites and all, nothing seems to work, my phone is till faily new, just got it in May ....

I think you have to reload it via desktop manager. When you go to app loader on DM is blackberry messenger on the list?

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    What verion OS are you running? Maybe you should do a clean install.

I tried the download from my desktop, when prompted to plug my phone to it, thats when it said it was not compatible ...am on the phone with my company and he sounds more confused then I am ha ha... keeps having me take out my battery and what not

From what I understand about OS on my phone it says v4.5.0.93? is that correct? am still not too familiar with all that .... I deleted my desttop today for another issue and installed the 4.6 version, but still nothing ...

You need to download either a new version of OS or the same one you already have and then you should be able to add it back in.

To answer the other part, BBM is not on my desktop, I tried installing I may be doing something wrong or wrong website , not sure

Have you tried downloading OS and go through the steps as if you were upgrading your OS, you should then have the option to add BBM back in.

Attempting to do that all now, hopefully something works ....still dealing with another issue as well, so maybe just me not fully understanding my phone @ this point , just frustrated, but ty you very much for the help

Tell me what your other issue is and maybe I can offer some assistance with that as well.

I posted on another thread with a certain email, thought I just figured it out maybe I did have to wait and see, apparently it may have been due because of a website I downloaded or went under and was charging me monthly for ringtones, didn't realize I did in the beginning when I got my phone and my fault for not keeping up with charges the past few months on my bill ... but I cancelled it and thought that may have been the problem, but just got another one after .... I am gonna give it time , but I was getting the emails daily alllllll dayyyy longgggggg ... No excuse for not keeping up with my billing ( if that was even the problem) but now I am on top of it!!

Ok I give up!! Been trying this all day, been on the phone with AT&T, they have me do the same things I have already done .. now I am getting an error when I sync my phone, I have obviously done something wrong and not sure what steps to take at this point .... I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times today, still can't get BBM to install, saying my phone isn't compatible ... also wiped out everything .. and I mean it all and still nothing, but just lost alot of stuff (my own fault) did it on a whim because I was mad ... is pointless to pay so much a month for this phone if I am gonna have contiuous problems, don't you think?? Can't even sync all my contacts back to my phone - had to manually place them all in again .... Oh well ... Ty for those that tried to give advice .. @ this point I just want to toss it all together ...

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Did you back up you phone before you wiped everything? I would just stop everything and install Att's OS version from their website. After it is all reinstalled, then you can go ahead and reinstall the 4.5 version from Orange and see if that helps. Also, download the 4.5 DM, not 4.6. I have BBM on my 4.5 upgrade. Make sure you check all the apps you want before you hit finish. After the install is complete, then you go into your DM and do a restore and all your address book and things will be restored on your device. It's not the phones fault, you are just frustrated. Take a deep breath and be patient, all this re-installing will take awhile.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 08-31-2008 at 05:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast