Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I have a question, please. My husband received a pin message. Is there a way ... Networking with PinStackers forum

fantus no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: All about Blackberry PIN peer-to-peer messaging.

Advertisement

I have a question, please. My husband received a pin message. Is there a way we can trace the phone number of this bb? Is there a way we can find out the pin number of who sent us this pin message? The message was from a certain person to another person - neither of whom we know.

Moechick007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24867F51

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC View Post
    Not true, Nextel and believe it or not "Voicestream" worked that day in NY.
    wow!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by fantus View Post
    I have a question, please. My husband received a pin message. Is there a way we can trace the phone number of this bb? Is there a way we can find out the pin number of who sent us this pin message? The message was from a certain person to another person - neither of whom we know.
    Not possible that I know of. This is private information that can't be obtained from just the PIN #.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Thanks to Lavagirl who answered my question. I now have another one. Can we find the pin number for the person who sent us this message? How do you do that? Once again, thanks for the reply.

cmtobin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by fantus View Post
    Thanks to Lavagirl who answered my question. I now have another one. Can we find the pin number for the person who sent us this message? How do you do that? Once again, thanks for the reply.

Yes you can find out the pin.

In the message, scroll up until you highlight the name of the person who sent you the message. Then press menu, and scroll down to "Show Address".

(Just figured it out myself, after receiving my first pin message.)

Hope that helps!

Many thanks to cmtobin for his help.

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F

I love Telus. They got great unlimited data plans. I even used my bb as a modem for 3 months for free for signing up with no data cost. I used gigs of data. It was great. Plan is almost done so I gotta get a net card which is only 75 buck CAD for unlimited highspeed

projectsl87 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I hope i also haven't missed my answer in all these posts. I looked first, i swear! lol

Here's my question;

If my friend is with Cingular in California and has unlimited personal blackberry data on his curve, and he pins me (i'm in Calgary,AB,Canada) will he be charged extra on his bill? I know i won't be charged to pin anyone in the world but i'm not sure how it works for the states. I just need to know if theirs any extra charge. Please help, Cingular didn't even know what I was talking about when i called and said Blackberry Pin messaging. lol

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    As long as you both have the BB data plan there will be no extra charge to PIN.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

Ginetta no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok 2 questions about PIN.

Rogers Wireless is my service and I have the $15 per month unlimited email. I guess I get PIN free with that? - does anyone else have the same service and can verify this?

Someone told me that there is a way to see the last PIN message someone sent if you have their PIN number. Any truth to this on any level??

Thanks folks.

Ginetta (Nick)

projectsl87 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ginetta,

I'm also on the Personal blackberry email plan for $15 with Rogers. You get unlimited bb messenger, unlimited email and unlimited pin messaging.

As for seeing the last pin message, i'm not sure. If know one can answer that one here maybe try the tech support line for rogers they should know.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    question: can i send pin messages without data plan
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Welcome to PinStack.

Not at all it uses the blackberry network so it will not make any difference.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BlackBerry.

Rcbjr
    I'm not using bis nor bes I have only gprs and not data plan but I can send and get mail by using shangmail can I send and get pin massages?
    Thx
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

sjscreative no está en línea Stack level 1
    Having worked for ATT in collections, I would highly reccomend getting an unlimited data plan! Mb add up fast, even just asking your questions cost you.every message cost you. I can not tell you the number of calls I took begging for mercy, because of data useagee, texting, and minute overages. Trust me the data plan is cheaper than a 1500-3000 dollar bill. Not much mercy when you own a bb and don't have a data plan... Why have a bb if you don't have unlimited data and meesaging? Trust me I have seen the 3000 dollar bill...You have been warned!
    Sj
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

AndraeDRE no está en línea Stack level 1
    Wat up T. /22/Black M/canada....Pin 20884F36
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast