I have BIS, use it to check my POP email acct. I understand the system ... Networking with PinStackers forum
I have BIS, use it to check my POP email acct. I understand the system checks the email server every 15 minutes. Can someone help me with:
1. is it possible to manually check email? in between the 15 min intervals, can I force the system to check the email?
2. how do I send SMS if the recipient is not in my address book? Now when I press send SMS, the system takes me to the address book - and there is no option to manually enter the recipient tel nbr
3. wav files as attachments (in email received) are not automatically opened by the Media Player - how do I enable that feature
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Re: 8800 questions
First, Welcome to the stacks
Here's the questions I can answer
#1: This is not a pull system it's a push system the BIS will send the email right to your handheld as soon as its pass by, there's no 15 minutes waiting like WM5 device and it can be changed
#2 Pressa letter like A and scroll up you should see use once
#3 It won't open automatically and can't be changed since this device won't download the wav attachment before you ask for it to avoid fees if you're not unlimited
Hope this helps
I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
Re: 8800 questions
Thanks for the quick reply.
1. It doesnt receive email immediately, as it shd with a push systm. My understanding was that BES is push, but BIS checks every 15 min. For instance, I sent a test msg at 12.52, it was rcvd on the recipient email client at 12.53, it is now 1:00 still not rcvd on the 8800. You said it can be changed, how wd I do that?
2. Thanks for the tip on SMS, thats great
3. I do hv unlimited data - I hv it set up so only headers are checked, and then I click more when I want the attachment. But the wav attachment is not opened even after download - any ideas?
Tags for this Thread