Hi. I have a 8700 that I have been using happily for 5 months with ... Networking with PinStackers forum

bhart no está en línea Stack level 1

8700 red light - won't switch on

Advertisement

Hi. I have a 8700 that I have been using happily for 5 months with no probs. Yesterday the screen switched off, and the red light came on. I removed the battery and wiggled sim card. Replaced the battery and evrything worked hunky dory. Today, the same thing happened, but now the bb won't switch on. I know the battery is good, because I've had it plugged in all day to my laptop. I wonder if I have got a problem with my sim card?? please help!!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: 8700 red light - won't switch on

Did it throw you any codes or anything?

Is it a solid red light or a blinking red light?

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...498_499_a.html

Try doing a cold reboot one more time (take the battery out wait 15 second, insert it back in)

Also, what was your BB doing before it wouldn't restart. Do you have the auto on/off feature on? Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Also have you tried to reinstall the OS, that might fix the problem...

And lastly, can you fill in your profile, you a lot more help if you fill out what DM you are running, OS, what type of phone (even thou it says 8700)

wildlilminx no está en línea Stack level 1

im having the same problem please can someone help me, im going to go crazy!!!! i have a red blinking led light. i have a blackberry curve if this helps?? i tryed the battery reboot i left the battery out all night but still no it wont switch on!! i have been told to restore through device manager but i cant even do that as it says the blackberry is disconnected because it is off. what else can i do???

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try the procedure listed in this thread, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected. Follow the instructions very carefully.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

wildlilminx no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks Rcbjr im giving it a go i get this message though;

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    Device communications error encountered. [A:0x0000000E]

everytime i try to do the software

What shall i do????

grayzweb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319F4F9E
    My 8130 was on a car charger that must of had a short in it. My Pearl went Dead and could not get it to power up. I went home and put it on a home wall charger for a few hours. After this time the red LED was blinling ( almost as in a code) I tried to power it up and nothing. I can't even get it to show a whitescreen with the hourglass. I tried to reinstall OS but even with battery out and plugged into USB it won't do anything at all. Not even a red light.
    If I UNplug from USB with battery in then sometimes I will get a red light for a second but still no white screen. Is there any hope for my Berry? Or is just good for spare parts now?? Help!!
    Sometimes if I put on charger it will show a steady red light for a while as if i were charging. Is it possible the car charger over short circuited the phone?
    Also, the battery is still good!! I put in to another blackberry and no problems!!
    I did download a theme earlier that day and maybe an hour before this happened, I switched back to my earlier theme.
    I wish I had the "hourglass of death" so that I could at least re download OS!
    ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED