PIN [. pin] noun Each BlackBerry device is assigned a unique eight-digit number called a ... Networking with PinStackers forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

021 What is Blackberry PIN messaging?

Advertisement

PIN [. pin] noun

Each BlackBerry device is assigned a unique eight-digit number called a personal identification number (PIN). You can find your BlackBerry's PIN by selecting the Options icon, then clicking Status. Your PIN will appear in the Status screen.

Sending a PIN message
    There are two ways to send messages directly to a BlackBerry user's PIN rather than to the user's email address, depending on whether you have the PIN stored in a contact in your address book or not. If you have a contact in your address book with the PIN entered, you can select the PIN using the Compose application. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Select the Compose icon (the open envelope and pencil).
    2. In the "To:" list, scroll to the correct contact. Click the trackwheel to display a drop-down menu for the contact.
    3. If you have stored a PIN for this contact, PIN will appear in the menu. Select it.
    4. Compose your message and send it as usual.

When the message is sent, it will be routed using the PIN rather than the email address.

Note: The next time you select that contact with the Enter key, the PIN will be used rather than the email address. To reset the contact to use an email address, simply follow the directions listed above and select Email rather than PIN from the menu.

If you want to enter a PIN not associated with a contact, you can type the PIN directly into the "To:" field. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Select the Compose icon (the open envelope and pencil).
    2. Scroll up to [Use Once] at the top of the "To:" list. Click the trackwheel to display a drop-down menu.
    3. From the menu, select PIN. Enter the PIN and press Enter.
    4. Compose your message and send it as usual.

Stack [. stak] verb
    1.a pile ofthings in large number more or less neatly arranged one on top of another; to put things one on top of another forming a pile, or to be arranged in that way.

Note: PIN to PIN messages are not encrypted and transmit in plaintext, allowing anyone who intercepts them to read them. While this is a remote possibility, you should keep it in mind and not send sensitive information in a PIN to PIN message.

Reply if you have any questions...

shottaa Guest

Re: 021 What is Blackberry PIN messaging?

thanks

icegrill no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415259c

too bad cingular doesn't support messaging yet
    holla atcha boy

DC
    DC no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203EAF8F

What's Up,Mate,

I jus brought A 8700 device from eBay,and the phone's good,I jus wanna get A wireless mail service plan with my mobile provider,but when I took the phone to the retailer.they told me the phone's pin and Imei has already registered,and it stil not released,so I can not use the function of W/L mail service.I'm confused,I hv tried to contact the original net provider of the phone which is 02 from Uk,and they told me the first user was not cancel the registration and I must find the person if I wanna use the W/L.But its difficult to find the person which live in another country.so I jus wanna know does anyone know how can I releaed the phone or has any way to unlocked the pin and Imei with RIM server.
    Thanks A lot.

Bob

jindragon no está en línea Stack level 2

Do you need extra special data service to use PIN messaging? I don't have any data plan...will it work? Does it cost?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

won't work without data and no extra charge if you have an unlimited plan

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

DC, Welcome to the Stacks, as I understand it, with out the original owner releasing the PIN and IMEI from his account, it will be difficult, if not impossible to register it on another account. Maybe someone else will come along and have a better solution. Anyway, continue to attempt to contact the seller and get them to release it.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

grahamhc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2046C4CD

Thanks for this really useful tip. I'll be contacting my wife in a whole new way now!!

clama1122 no está en línea Stack level 1

very cool

FRT
    FRT no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24092D64

So am I reading this right? I want to be able to create a group to whom I could send a text message to in the event of outages at work, etc. Can I use pinstack to do that?