The fate of the mighty HTC HD2 seems to be getting murkier by the minute: ... Windows Mobile News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Microsoft sending mixed signals on Windows Phone 7, HTC HD2 still in Limbo

Advertisement

The fate of the mighty HTC HD2 seems to be getting murkier by the minute: Microsoft UK VP Alex Reeve said last week that an upgrade to Windows Phone 7 Series might be left up to hardware partners, but now Natasha Kwan, General Manager for Microsoft's Asia Pacific Mobile Communications Business says the 1GHz handset "doesn't qualify because it doesn't have the three buttons" required by WP7. Making matters even less clear, we asked Microsoft's Director of Consumer Experiences Aaron Woodman about the HD2 directly on The Engadget Show, and he politely declined to tell us about the device's upgradability, and said that WP7's final required specs would be revealed at MIX '10. We'll be honest: we're taking all this confusion to mean that Microsoft hasn't quite figured out how to say the HD2 is at a dead end just before it launches on T-Mobile US, but hey -- maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised at MIX.

Article by Endgaget

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    you kidding me? so now windows is screwing up BEFORE they release a product?
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

Windows on computers: good! Windows based phones: paperweights!! It's really so disgusting it's not worth my finger
    movement. In short: phones with more power than the softwares use or even approach to use!! Can I get a amen?!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoesbb View Post
    Windows on computers: good! Windows based phones: paperweights!! It's really so disgusting it's not worth my finger
    movement. In short: phones with more power than the softwares use or even approach to use!! Can I get a amen?!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16
    I take it you had a bad experience a window Mobile phone. I found it more productive than my Blackberry.
    I am a little upset that Windows and HTC can't make up there minds on the matter, but this won't stop me
    from getting the HD2 when its released in a few weeks. WindMo 6.5 is good enough for me.
    I don't think I would enjoy WM7; it has to much going in the background for me. Reminds me of the Moto Blur.
    When I used the cliq for a two month run, battery life was poor, and the blur didn't update that well. I am thinking
    that the same will go for WM7 as well.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I have to think somewhere in all the fuss they would prefer u have to purchase a new device in order to get Window Phone 7.
    IDK? Just thinking they are greedy like everyone else and need the revenue and upgrading a current phone does not help them make money.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I take it you had a bad experience a window Mobile phone. I found it more productive than my Blackberry.
    I am a little upset that Windows and HTC can't make up there minds on the matter, but this won't stop me
    from getting the HD2 when its released in a few weeks. WindMo 6.5 is good enough for me.
    I don't think I would enjoy WM7; it has to much going in the background for me. Reminds me of the Moto Blur.
    When I used the cliq for a two month run, battery life was poor, and the blur didn't update that well. I am thinking
    that the same will go for WM7 as well.
    This is the reason I am making the switch this weekend but I'm not waiting for Windows Mobile 7 (I saw the previwe pics of it and already can't stand it. Had the same thought about MotoBlur when it came out). I've used Windows Mobile back when it was WM 2003 but switched to BB when the WM devices available didn't appeal to me. The Touch Pro 2 has my full attention and I'm getting it this weekend.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    This is the reason I am making the switch this weekend but I'm not waiting for Windows Mobile 7 (I saw the previwe pics of it and already can't stand it. Had the same thought about MotoBlur when it came out). I've used Windows Mobile back when it was WM 2003 but switched to BB when the WM devices available didn't appeal to me. The Touch Pro 2 has my full attention and I'm getting it this weekend.
    Congrats on the choice. Be sure to let everyone know what u think after some hands on. I would have bet money you would choose an Android device. Glad I didn't make any bets now

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    HTC HD2 pricing revealed in TMO database.

http://i.engadget.com/2010/03/02/htc...bile-database/
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16