Press release: T-Mobile USA, Inc., and HTC Corp. today announced the upcoming availability of the ... Windows Mobile News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

HTC Touch Pro2 officially announced by T-Mobile USA

Advertisement

Press release: T-Mobile USA, Inc., and HTC Corp. today announced the upcoming availability of the HTC Touch Pro2™, a powerful, stylish device with an intuitive touch screen and user interface that enables customers to simplify their communication and mobile Internet experience while staying connected, informed and in control of work and life. The device will be available in a mocha finish to T-Mobile customers beginning Aug. 12. Enabled for T-Mobile’s expanding high-speed 3G network and Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g), the HTC Touch Pro2 offers fast data delivery and an enhanced Web-browsing experience along with popular features such as built-in GPS and location-based services.

Featuring a 3.6-inch color WVGA touchscreen that slides back and tilts up to reveal a full-QWERTY keyboard, the screen is perfectly positioned for reading and creating e-mail, browsing the Web, using applications, and playing videos and games. A 3.2 megapixel camera with auto focus also provides customers with an easy way to capture and share high-quality images and video as well as view that content on the crisp display.

The HTC Touch Pro2 also offers an efficient way for customers to manage their daily lives, whether at work or play. A single contact view displays the individual conversation history regardless of whether voice, text or e-mail was used. The HTC Touch Pro2 also includes Straight Talk technology, an integrated e-mail, voice and speakerphone experience that provides a simple way to respond to e-mail via a call, allows organizing conference calls from group e-mail, and makes it easy to turn any location into a conference room. Straight Talk delivers a high-fidelity voice and sound experience enhanced by asymmetric speakers and advanced noise suppression with full-duplex acoustics.

HTC’s latest TouchFLO 3D interface is deeply integrated into a customized version of Windows Mobile 6.1 to deliver maximum consistency throughout Windows Mobile applications and menus. This makes it easy for customers to view, edit and update Microsoft documents, conveniently access calendars and manage to-do lists. Access to Microsoft Voice Command also simplifies locating contacts in the address book, making phone calls, getting calendar information, playing music and starting programs. The HTC Touch Pro2 is also stereo Bluetooth® capable.

“This summer, many people are balancing summer vacations and time away from the office with the pressures of the workplace,” said Travis Warren, director, product marketing, T-Mobile USA. “We are pleased to announce the HTC Touch Pro2, a uniquely designed device that will help customers manage their day-to-day activities, whether they are in the office or working from an airport, the local playground or the car.”

“The HTC Touch Pro2 offers the most powerful productivity experience available on a mobile phone, while also delivering unparalleled elegance in both its exterior and user interface design,” said Jason Mackenzie, vice president of HTC America. “HTC and T-Mobile have a history of introducing groundbreaking products, and this collaboration continues with the debut of this highly anticipated device to the U.S. market.”

The new HTC Touch Pro2 is expected to be available nationwide in mid-August at T-Mobile retail stores, select authorized dealers and online at http://www.T-Mobile.com.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    This will be my next phone. I'm hoping I don't have to fork out too much as I have been a T-Mo customer for a little over 6 years now.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to one of your reviews. My concern is WM OS but it HAS improved much.

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    This sounds like a pretty good phone. Loved the initial touch pro and am sure this is gonna be a nice phone to have. I don't c myself putting down my Blackberry but I can sure encourage some folks in getting it.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I am thinking of getting one myself. I love blackberry, but they are starting to disappoint me in there back and forth device builds. Instead of making a device that has what the past devices has and then some, they do the lets do this to this one and that to that one. Its getting old for me and I am getting ready to jump ship.

Hopefully the touchpro2 to will do it, if not then I am blackberry for life.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    That is going to be one SWEET phone!
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    This does look like a nice phone. I can't wait to try it out and see
    for myself how it works.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I am thinking of getting one myself. I love blackberry, but they are starting to disappoint me in there back and forth device builds. Instead of making a device that has what the past devices has and then some, they do the lets do this to this one and that to that one. Its getting old for me and I am getting ready to jump ship.

Hopefully the touchpro2 to will do it, if not then I am blackberry for life.
    Oh, I was about to jump ship to AT&T for their Pantech Matrix Pro WM phone but this has stopped me from doing so. Now to get my hands on one via CS in about a month LOL I just hope the thing is upgradable to WM 6.5 or 7.0.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 07-30-2009 at 12:49 AM.

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i'll never buy a windows mobile device

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    ^^^ Never say never, I said I'd never leave my Berry and now I can't wait for The HTC Hero. WinMo isn't my thing (I'd prefer not to be on a device that operates using the system HACKING was built on lmao) just my two cents
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

fCastle no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Oh, I was about to jump ship to AT&T for their Pantech Matrix Pro WM phone but this has stopped me from doing so. Now to get my hands on one via CS in about a month LOL I just hope the thing is upgradable to WM 6.5 or 7.0.
    It will be able to upgrade to WM 6.5 according to the info in the many reviews I've read.
    I've been a Blackberry addict for quite some time and into Palm when they were at the top of their game. I currently have the Curve 8900 and like it but it's pretty much just a clone of all the other blackberries out now, or soon to be released, with a minor tweak here and there. The OS is getting a bit long in the tooth as well.
    I am already with t-mobile and my contract just concluded so I'm ready for this baby!

It has been a year since my last post in this thread (it was so old I had to go digging to find it LOL). Just an update for anyone still considering the phone now that it has been out for a year: It has been a love/hate relationship. I love the keyboard, device and expandable MicroSDHC memory, screen (I thought when I saw the phone that I would be permanently disabling TouchFlo3D. I disabled it and went right back to it LOL), notifications, apps and volume. BUT I had started to see some signal, sluggishness and rebooting issues (where I would have to reboot the phone to get it to respond) around 5 months after buying the phone. I still love it though. I took a one month break to see if I could return to my Pearl 8120 and the BB world....couldn't do it. I went running right back to the TP2. Sluggishness, rebooting, and signal issues had been solved.

I bought a second battery within a week of having the phone and have only used the extended life battery. Now all I have to find is an exact replica of the battery cover as it keeps falling off from the phone being dropped multiple times, which hasn't damaged the performance of the phone. Only a small piece of the mocha chrome is gone. Speaking of dropping the phone, this thing has withstood some abuse with only a small chunk of chrome missing. I can't seem to find the perfect 2 piece gel or other type of protector that I really like for the phone. Hopefully I will soon.

Hopefully this will help those who are still looking for a device that will help manage personal (that's my only use for it right now) and work lives.