Pretty much no matter what you need, Google "has an app for that". Need a ... Windows Mobile News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro

Google Mobile App For Windows Mobile Updated

Pretty much no matter what you need, Google "has an app for that". Need a map/navigation application? Google Maps can take care of that. Need access to important documents anytime, anywhere? Google Docs has you covered. Voice search, RSS reader, easy access to Google services like GMail and Voice? Yeah, there's apps for those too.

This week, Google updated their mobile version of the app that brings all of those into one simple setup, Google Mobile. If you're not familiar with the application itself, it provides an easy to use interface that gives you voice search capabilities, and one click access to Google's other applications such as GMail, Voice, Sync, and more.

Included in the new updates for Windows Mobile are:

* My Location. Get local results without typing your location. Once you see the blue My Location dot with your current location below the search box, simply search for a local query, for example "italian restaurant", and the search results will contain local business results along with web results.

To protect your privacy, location is encrypted when sent to the server, and only your most recent location is stored so that successive searches can use the same location. You can disable My Location at any time in the "Advanced Options" screen.

* Google Suggest. Reduce typing time by selecting suggestions to complete your queries. You will also see URL suggestions, which bring you directly to a web page, skipping the search results page entirely. Try typing "facebook" to see this kind of suggestion.

* Search with Maps. If you have installed Google Maps, type a local query and wait for suggestions. Select the suggestion with the red pin next to it to launch your search inside Google Maps.

You can download the app from Google, here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

crysti_reyes no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just upgraded, thanks.

Looks like 'My Location' is now integrated into the search bar, and there is also an update for Google Maps for Windows Mobile (now 3.2.1)
    Last edited by crysti_reyes; 09-24-2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Adding additional info.