10:23:36 am Author: Werner Ruotsalainen In my last (and, now, heavily outdated) article on making ... Blackberry Guides forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Thumbs up How to: Make Opera Mini (4.1) your default system browser!

Advertisement

10:23:36 am Author: Werner Ruotsalainen

In my last (and, now, heavily outdated) article on making Opera Mini 4 be invoked on by just clicking a URL, I’ve already elaborated on the advantages of doing this (and, actually, the advantages of Opera Mini 4 itself). Please do read it if you want to know why making use of direct invocation can be really advantageous.

Because there’s a lot of news worth reporting on (and I’ve been asked by Serola to join the Opera Mini Fan Blog as the first blogger, because of which I've decided to update this really important tutorial) and the original article didn’t elaborate on other mobile platforms like Symbian and BlackBerry, I’ve decided to devote an entirely new article to this question.

1.1 badbob101’s StartOperaMini
    (the download is at the bottom of the first post; as of 05/12/2008, 09b is the latest version, which you'll want to go for.)

I recommend this solution the most because it’s really-really easy to install and maintain and it’s much more flexible than, say, superdave’s, otherwise, in some respects cleaner and faster solution.

All you need to do is, in order to set it up, downloading and installing the free MortScript (just copy the MortScript-4.1-PPC.cab file from the cab subdirectory of the ZIP file to your handset and tap it there) and, then, just copying StartOperaMini.mscr anywhere (including a storage card) on your handset and, as with MortScript, clicking it from File Explorer. It’ll automatically find the current location of Jbed, the index of Opera Mini and set up everything just fine. Unlike with the early solution, absolutely no manual setup is needed.

[Full Article]

Click "Read More" at bottom to see all the tutorials.

Look for "1.3.2 BlackBerry" for the BlackBerry tutorial.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

xaptux no está en línea Stack level 1
    ill give it a try

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    10:23:36 am Author: Werner Ruotsalainen

In my last (and, now, heavily outdated) article on making Opera Mini 4 be invoked on by just clicking a URL, I’ve already elaborated on the advantages of doing this (and, actually, the advantages of Opera Mini 4 itself). Please do read it if you want to know why making use of direct invocation can be really advantageous.

Because there’s a lot of news worth reporting on (and I’ve been asked by Serola to join the Opera Mini Fan Blog as the first blogger, because of which I've decided to update this really important tutorial) and the original article didn’t elaborate on other mobile platforms like Symbian and BlackBerry, I’ve decided to devote an entirely new article to this question.

1.1 badbob101’s StartOperaMini
    (the download is at the bottom of the first post; as of 05/12/2008, 09b is the latest version, which you'll want to go for.)

I recommend this solution the most because it’s really-really easy to install and maintain and it’s much more flexible than, say, superdave’s, otherwise, in some respects cleaner and faster solution.

All you need to do is, in order to set it up, downloading and installing the free MortScript (just copy the MortScript-4.1-PPC.cab file from the cab subdirectory of the ZIP file to your handset and tap it there) and, then, just copying StartOperaMini.mscr anywhere (including a storage card) on your handset and, as with MortScript, clicking it from File Explorer. It’ll automatically find the current location of Jbed, the index of Opera Mini and set up everything just fine. Unlike with the early solution, absolutely no manual setup is needed.

[Full Article]

Click "Read More" at bottom to see all the tutorials.

Look for "1.3.2 BlackBerry" for the BlackBerry tutorial.

Thanks - your information was of great help - Opera is on and running on my 8110. Cheers.

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    Can anyone translate into laymen terms. What the hell am i supposed to be doing now? What , when, where, from where to what part of the phone?

abxy007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    yeah
    thanks stranjal7

lecris no está en línea Stack level 1
    I agree with you guys! =P

bigdog364 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2439E565
    Has anybody got this to work?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HappyCowboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have been using Opera browser for several months. One of the things I like is the ability to maintain my bookmarks on a computer and sync with my Blackberry. The sync is no longer working. Anyone else having this problem?

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    what???

so this works for windows mobile...

but what about for blackberry?
    Last edited by e-berry; 10-29-2008 at 11:05 AM. Reason: wrong OS?
    --
    More than meets the eye.