I bought an 8703e used off of eBay and while it was in pretty decent ... Blackberry Guides forum

kjs
    kjs no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb How To: Replace Screen Lens on Blackberry 8703e

Advertisement

I bought an 8703e used off of eBay and while it was in pretty decent condition, there was some wear on the silver part of the lens that bothered me. This could not be left unfixed! I ordered this part from CNN.cn to replace it with.

After some help from some fellow Stackers, I decided to post a few photos and have a brief guide to replacing the lens.

1. Power down your BB and remove any screen protectors that you may have put on.

2. Take the edge of a sharp knife (or another thin, sharp instrument) and slide it between the shiny silver plastic of the lens and the dull black plastic of the faceplate - watch that you don't scratch the face plate (I put a few tiny scratches on - oops).

After getting under the lens, slowly pry it from the adhesive that is holding it on. After you remove the lens, your BB will look like this.

3. If your lens is a new one, it will have plastic over it to protect the adhesive during shipping. Peel the plastic off of the adhesive side (but keep it on the outward facing side, just to protect against scratches), then slowly and steadily align the lens. After double checking your alignment, attach the lens (it sort of goes on like a screen protector).

4. Remove the outer plastic from the non-adhesive side and voila - your Blackberry screen lens is nice and shiny again!

glamswagger no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E5FE7
    Very cool. Seems easy enough!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cuong205a no está en línea Stack level 1
    I dont see any-differrence. thaxx anyway

kjs
    kjs no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cuong205a View Post
    I dont see any-differrence. thaxx anyway
    The flash was a bit high on the first photo - should have retaken it. For the record, the original lens' silver portion was scuffed/worn - with a fair amount of black showing. It did not look good - trust me on that LOL.

rofes no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks

Hey, thank you ...
    I have suffered a cracked lens for almost a year till I stumbled across your post... got the lens from ebay and used double sided tape as the lens itself didn't have adhesive.
    thanks again

lirpAjh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    pls ask
    Awesome! I see this is an old post, but I just stumbled across this looking for something entirely different!!! I fell or "sat rather hard" on my BB just 3 weeks after I got a replacement And have been living with a cracked screen for the last coupla months now. For about $10, my BB will look fab again!! Thank you, thank you!