Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yay!! It worked! I rebooted my laptop also just in case. Thanks for the help ... Blackberry Guides forum

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

Re: How to remove PTT from AT&T OS

Advertisement

Yay!! It worked! I rebooted my laptop also just in case. Thanks for the help Cherri!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

awesome
    that PTT symbol can be super annoying if you don't use it and even if you hide it you can always see it in the app switcher

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

Yeah...i kept hitting it accidentally. It freed up more memory than I thought it would also.

Again..many thanks

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

javaloader.exe -usb erase -f net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
    javaloader.exe -usb erase -f KnJCDE.cod
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

blacknight0180 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2445561A

I am having the same problem with E3BK i also have a 8310.. I also did the theme unlock.. still no go... please help! I deleted the net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod. followede the steps in the unlocking theme in w/c i downloaded the Blackberry and platform.alx and deleted the vendor xml... what am i missing..
    -=BlacKnight=-

jsmall88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240C4EFE

worked great for me too! which files would i mark as .old to remove pictures and navtel?

Blkr da Berry no está en línea Stack level 5

I've deleted the ptt feature on my Curve using RedDog187's method and now attempting to remove the feature on my sister's Pearl. The thing is I can't seem to find the folders that would contain her OS files. I've downloaded the handheld software for her phone but haven't updated. Any help would be appreciated? In the meantime I'll sit here scratching my head. Thanks.

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3

The tutorial is nice and the files are great - but u can't open a .exe file on a MAC - anyone know how to get around this and still get rid of PTT?

chhaylatte no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can't even seem to find the .COD files anywhere on my PC. . . I'm new and I've done some reading/searching. I tried to follow the directions of where its located at but I only seem to get as far as C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion, I cant seem to find the rest of the folders/files. Help?

bdok no está en línea Stack level 1
    I agree...there is no "shared" folder under that directory. Any ideas?

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by audit View Post
    javaloader.exe -usb erase -f net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
    javaloader.exe -usb erase -f KnJCDE.cod
    Do you definitely need to delete both of these files, or just the first one?

rickforwreaths no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Is there a way to remove the shop icons? I have the curve 8310. There are 12 different icons, I do not want ANY shopping icons. Thanks

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Okay, having an issue upgrading to 4.5.102 on my ATT 8100. I am running 4.5.81 now. As I have done in the past, I tried to rename the PTT file from .cod to .old. I use Notepad to open and read the files. Instead of allowing me to save it, I got an error message that the path and file name are incorrect and it was not able to save the changed files. So instead, I replaced the Platform and Blackberry files with the unzipped ones found here. Deleted the vendor file and plugged in the 8100. Desktop manager 4.5 recognized that there was updated software and began to install. Amost instantly, I got an error message in Desktop Manager that it could not install because the 4.5 Core Applications because something was missing: net.rim.platform.ecmascript

My question is, what is causing the problem? This is the first upgrade I've tried on my new computer, which runs Vista. Old computer had XP.

My vitals:

- AT&T 8100c
    - Desktop manager 4.5 w/ Media Manager
    - Vista

Has anyone else encountered these problems? With XP, I had no issues changing the platform and blackberry.alx files manually using Notepad. Has RIM added security features, or is Vista just playing sherriff and not allowing me to manually alter the files? And are the files I found here only suited to 4.2?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12