Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

I like this and I am giving it a try when my other housing comes ... Blackberry Guides forum

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Re: How to: Paint your BB!

Advertisement

I like this and I am giving it a try when my other housing comes in....from Ebay!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

hey its cheaper then colorware and it looks pretty good to me. brooke hows it holding up? and how long did it take you about
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

rogerswireless no está en línea Stack level 2

Just painted my spare housing. Orange. Looks ballin so far. Hopefully it looks even better all put together when it's dry. Will post pics then.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

not really sure if im that brave yet-still kinda like the titanium look

coldconfessi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

So anybody going to post there pics? I will be doing mine this weeked with kyrlon fusion black gloss. I will sand but don't think I really need to use primer.

"
    Primers for plastic

Using a primer on surfaces made of plastic is really only necessary when making a drastic change of color (going from dark brown to white, for example), as most household plastics are not very porous and are not easily damaged by moisture; or when a long-lasting coat of paint is desired. A primer will reduce the number of layers of paint necessary to completely cover the previous color, and will help the paint make a thorough bond with the surface being painted. As most paints and primers designed to be used for painting plastics are not water based, an important point for choosing a primer for plastic is making sure the primer's propellant or solvent will not dissolve or warp the plastic part itself. Be sure to test both primer and paint on a small hidden spot of the part you are painting."
    Last edited by coldconfessi; 02-21-2008 at 11:32 PM.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

So I've roughly skimmed this thread. Just for verification purposes, 1200 Grit Sandpaper and Krylon Fusion gloss paint works the best? I'm going to attempt this this weekend.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

I did mine in a glossy black and I have a black cover I got from sedio a while back and it looks sweet in all black. Being the dumbass I am, I put the faceplate in the oven to back on the paint and clearcoat (only to 200).... well the heat messed up the crystal and expanded the face plate a tad... but it looks good.

Hardest part for me was taking the faceplate off (got stuck on the sides), the removing the paint from the LED spot (did you guys cover yours with tape?, and then the waiting for it to dry : )

Getting new parts and I am going to do it better this time.

Yeah... not so bright and patience was not an option. LOL

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Lookie here.

opiate80 no está en línea Stack level 1

quick question for anyone with a bb pearl 8130...

any ideas on how to remove the face plate i.e. the one around the screen? is it possible ?
    the bottom piece and the back cover are easy duh...
    but the face part seemed to putll my screen with it so i stopped. (still works thankfully)
    anyone with pics on how to or a description or vid please lemme know

thank you!

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Wow, you gals are brave. They look good too.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

jhard no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2066fc77
    The blackberry curve was not mean't to be pink, it's a MANS phone...

If you want to painting something pink get a pearl, or save it for your nails...
    A collection of Free BlackBerry Downloads... Apps, Themes, Games, Movies, Videos, eBooks.
    http://blackberryfree.blogspot.com

oolunchbox no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243ADD76
    Hello all, I'm a new stacker, I've had my 8320 for about a month now and decided to take the plunge and paint it. I ordered a new Faceplate & Mic cover from www.cnn.cn and went to work. I scuffed up the pieces with 800 grit sandpaper to "give it some teeth" and covered each with 5 coats of Krylon Fusion flat black. It looks awesome IMHO and once I get my black 8310 keyboard my all black blackberry will be complete. I'll post pics shortly.

As a side note, www.cnn.cn has been mentioned a few times on here and I figured I'd share my experience. Their products are all listed as OEM. They are not. They are great quality products and have an OEM fit and finish but upon close inspection there are little details that show they are not, in fact, Blackberry OEM parts. I have no complaints about the company or their products but if you want authentic OEM parts these are not them. As far as their shipping goes, they were prompt but the shipping from Hong Kong too the full 10 business days to reach me in suburban Chicago.

UPDATE!
    Last edited by oolunchbox; 04-04-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling, grammar

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    nice oolunchbox !

Mine looks similar to that once I painted it glossy black with some paint I got from the hardware store, I didn't remove the lens sowhen I removed the tape it wasn't looking as professional as I had hoped with some places around the lens that either the knife removed, or it was attached to the tape.

Biggest pain I have had is the paint around the led the freaking LED..... Tried Tape once [figuring it would just peel off perfectly] , tried glue once [figuring I could just scrape it off].....what did you guys use?

Next time I will remove the lens and pout a new one in, but otherwise I love my painted berryl

oolunchbox no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243ADD76
    Thanks for the feedback. What I did to get a decent masking job on the lens is put down one layer of Blue Painter's tape and then rubbed with the side of a pencil to get a good idea of where to trim off excess tape. I then carefully cut off the excess tape with a razor knife. Patience and care are key. As far as the LED, my faceplate was ordered from www.cnn.cn and the LED piece came right off. I taped it to the back of the lens and just popped it back in when I was done painting.

Some people have been asking about taking their curves apart, I used this video as a starting point. I watched the video a few times to get a solid idea of what I was working with and then went to town. Disassembly was pretty simple and just like in the video with the exception of the screen. There is a foam piece between the lens and the actual screen that is sticky on both sides. It's not super sticky but does pull on a shield around the LCD a little. This is the only tricky part of disassembly, I gently pulled the parts apart while I used a note card to separate the foam from the LCD shield. It's not terribly hard to get apart, it's just a little tricky with only 2 hands. As I've said, patience and care are the keys.

If anyone has any other questions, please, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by oolunchbox; 04-04-2008 at 06:00 PM.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Just ordered a housing on ebay. Now I just have to decide on a color.. Black is the obvious choice, but black is so.. tame.

What color do YOU guys want to see done? Be reasonable, please. :P

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast