Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112

It looks nice.... Blackberry Guides forum

berryPEARLluv no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

It looks nice.

mondouxd no está en línea Stack level 1
    next time i think i'll try giving the base coat a little longer to dry (not more than 24 hrs tho), and using a thicker lacquer as a clear. i heard that rubbing a piece of paper over the base coat may help to smooth out a little of the imperfections before the clear goes on will help too. i'll post some more pics after my replacement housing comes and i can play with my OEM a little more.

jovanthabrick no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2465F07F
    nice mondouxd and brooke... im redoing mine since i rushed it friday...on layer 3 and waiting for it to dry to apply clear coat in an hour or so...how long might the clear take to dry? when wet sanding, do i literally wet the sand paper i have and rub it down?

You can dip the sand paper or run the whole thing under water while you work. The idea is to keep water around to keep the pieces of paint from clogging the ridges of the sandpaper. Also, rub very gently and DO NOT use much force around the edges. It will remove all of the clear and paint in just a few strokes if you aren't careful, even with a 1500 grit paper wet

Just have fun with it. If you screw up, just strip it and rock out again. Good luck and post some pics!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jovanthabrick no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2465F07F

visible orange peel but its all good..obviously a more glossy than the pic would show...used "brilliant metal" from valspar since i work at lowes..wet sanding in about a hour n a half or two...

Very cool. You'll find out in a couple days if you sanded too much. If the color still seems good but it feels sticky or scratches easily with your finger, then the clear has been sanded through and you should consider doing it again. Also, don't handle it for a few days at least so the clear has enough time to harden. These are all things I did with my first blue paint job on here and will have to do it again one of these days. Keep the thread updated with some finals pics...easpecially if you get rid of the orange peel and it holds up.

kotpun no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nice Tutorial
    Kotpun.
    BB 8900.
    Airtel india

Sorry, didn't see the other question. The clear will have a drying time listed on the label. I would wait that long (3-4 hours I would assume), then sand it. The curing time, however, will be much longer and won't be listed. Just wait a few days and get a spare housing so you aren't tempted to rush it back together. Keep in mind I'm not an expert on this, these are just observations I made during my first attempt. If you handle it too early, then the oils in your hands will rub off the clear and you'll be a sad panda.

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    nice pj's woo hoo
    MrS.OfFiCeR

ericrcan no está en línea Stack level 1
    I know this is old, but I am going back to my BB and was wondering if anyone else found a good clear coat to use. I have krylon plastic spraypaint and im going to get 600 grit sand paper. what clear coat would be best? Thanks!

DinaDivas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21e357ef
    unique
    and Creative
    MyTwitter
    Myfacebook
    Dougherty 9700 --> Pin : 21E357EF
    Glad be Your Friend

asmodeus1958 no está en línea Stack level 1
    what kind of paint is this?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112