Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Originally Posted by Blacknblueberry How many screws did you have to remove - I just ... Blackberry Guides forum

Lowercase no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30D51B0D

Lightbulb

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknblueberry View Post
    How many screws did you have to remove - I just popped off the back and only see 2 are there more, if so where are they located...I'm nervous about popping this apart. Thanks.
    you have the 2 under the backdoor that are on the top right/left of the phone, remove those. Now from the front of the phone you have to pop off the little thing that covers the antenna, be VERY careful when doing this. I actually slightly jacked my antenna when I did it from the back one day, rookie mistake for this tech. Now the front housing will basically have to be popped off. You have 2 little U shaped almost plug looking things that connect the front housing to the actual phone. You don't really need to worry about the other screws unless you want to get at the motherboard. The others are located to the bottom left/right of your LCD and I do believe there are a few more at the bottom but when you have the housing off and you can't see them, you may be blind. But that's basically it.
    "My Crackberry is faster than the Rev's Blackberry®."

Heatley2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    wow brooke awesome paint job. its looks cool. i really like the custom paint job.

schramalama1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A088F1
    woooow. how very creative. nice work.. and pj's

dubitlow no está en línea Stack level 1
    I Did this to my 8700 and turned out horrible!!!! I used the wrong paint, didn't sand the phone and didn't use clear coat!!! I guess that's what happens when your so excited like a 7 year old in Toy's R Us to take on a task like this and can't wait for what it looks like!!! Advice for everyone, PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!

rekones no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm doin mine soon, def not afraid to rip my bb apart I already have to replace the trackball. The black looks sick but I'm going Hulk green on this bitch~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rekones no está en línea Stack level 2
    J5josher what color did you use on that green pearl exactly?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

j5josher no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    blah
    Quote Originally Posted by rekones View Post
    J5josher what color did you use on that green pearl exactly?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    its key lime green with fluoresce safety car clear coat...

JustCheeky no está en línea Stack level 1
    Great tutorial and photos! Awesome job! I just have a few questions....

1. Does the paint chip easily? This is what I'm most concerned about.
    2. What type of clear coat works best??
    3. I keep reading about auto paint. Is this better than average spray paint specific for plastics/slick surfaces?

Thanks!!

aarontm no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A407A8
    Im not brave enough to try it....

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    If you want guidance ask ssnxp. He's a pro at this painting stuff . Word of advise, buy a separate housing and experiment on that one and take your time and be very patient and extra careful. If you do it on your housing, you'll be rushing because you wanna see immediate results and because you'd hate seeing your bb exposed like that.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    If you want guidance ask ssnxp. He's a pro at this painting stuff . Word of advise, buy a separate housing and experiment on that one and take your time and be very patient and extra careful. If you do it on your housing, you'll be rushing because you wanna see immediate results and because you'd hate seeing your bb exposed like that.
    Thanks, Raton

But yes, the waiting game is tough.. I would know, I broke my own rule last night and popped on a battery cover that "felt" hard. I placed it on top of my laptop, and it had little lines/marks on it when I picked it up.
    -Tim

mondouxd no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl Blue!

Here's my 8330. Used model laquer spray I picked up from a hobby store because the guy said it would stick better than Tamiya. Even with a fair amount of clearcoat on there, there's still some orange peel effect, but I think it looks alright. Just finished it today, so time will tell if it is durable.

BTW, I used some car polish and some carnauba wax to seal the deal. Took the stickiness out of the paint, as I was scared to apply any sand paper to it at the end. If i wet-sanded it, it may have turned out smoother, but I also couldn't track down any sandpaper higher than 600 grit.

Last edited by mondouxd; 02-27-2009 at 08:27 PM.

Nice! 600 grit should usually work fine if you really soak it. I've been using 1000 grit, but it takes a loooooong time to sand down the bumps.
    -Tim

mondouxd no está en línea Stack level 1
    yeah, tried to do it with 600 wet and it did a decent job. I was careful but some of the edges wore down to the base, especially along the top and sides of the LCD. I ordered a replacement case from cnn.cn and will wait for that to come before I sand this down and try again. Looks like the key is to put a medium thickness of paint on (not too thick or it looks like crap, and not too light, as I did, or it is impossible to sand). I'll post back in a couple weeks when I get the new case and try again.

Chalk this one up to a learning experience...btw, Snnxp, what paint do you use?

I've tried Tamiya, Testors (One Coat) Lacquer, and Krylon Fusion.

I prefer the Testors, but I've heard bad things about it. It also goes on VERY thick, so you gotta be careful putting it on.
    -Tim

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast