Do you use your Blackberry allot always sending and receiving email, sending txt, mms ? ... Blackberry Guides forum

keezy no está en línea Stack level 1

How to optomize your Blackberry speed

Advertisement

Do you use your Blackberry allot always sending and receiving email, sending txt, mms ? Has your Blackberry slowed down lately and you've been seeing the hour glass allot ? Here are a fewtips on how to speed up your Blackberry and reduce the amount of device freezing. *I am using a Blackberry bold how ever though the options should be the same on other devices, if you have any problems please let me know.

1: Clear your Blackberry event log
    A: Press the alt key and hold it down then press l-g + l-g.
    B: If successful the Blackberry Event log will then be displayed.
    C: Press the menu button and select clear log (You will be promoted to delete delete the log) and then delete.

2: Memory Cleaning (This helps BIG TIME)
    A: Press the menu button on your Blackberry.
    B: Go to the settings option>Security Options
    C: In the security options you will see "Memory Cleaning" click and open it.
    D: If memory cleaning is enabled you do not have to do anything. If memory cleaning is disabled select he enable option and click save.
    E: After selecting save do a battery pull on your phone and wait 5mins before placing the battery back in again.

After placing the battery back in again speed increase should will be shown right away if not gradually.

2: Close unneeded programs when not using them
    As simple as it may be having a program open that you are not using hinders Blackberry performance. Do your self and your phone a favor by closing unneeded programs that you have open and running.

Let me know how it goes.

bluewolf2177 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Help! Alright tried to clear event log on 8320 will not work... So how do i do this? Do i have to be in a certain screen?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Hold the alt key and type lglg, menu key ans select clear log....

Jonathank110 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F7AB0
    Thx

Calx no está en línea Stack level 1

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    this always works and its a good week practice when i do my backups on my pc and BB i do the memory cleaning and the log delete.

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ;)
    Another thing one can do to close out apps is holding the alt while pressing backspace simutaniously then close out opened apps that you are not using.
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm not sure if I changed something in the theme I made, or what exactly caused it, but on my 8130 pearl, it no longer works to hold down the alt button while pressing lglg. I now have to press the alt button, then l, then the alt button again, then g, then the alt button, then l, and then the alt button and then g. It works then, lol!

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Tnxs this help I didn't know the first one now I know n for me with the alt l g l g I had to hold alt on the menu screen n press lg lg at the same time twice n it worked just letting you peeps know tnxs man

almedajohnson no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the share. I am looking forward to cleaning my blackberry.