engadget : We just got some wild information from a trusted source about Verizon's Android ... Android News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Verizon's Droid is a series, not just a phone; Droid Eris coming from HTC

engadget: We just got some wild information from a trusted source about Verizon's Android strategy, and let's just say this shakes things up a little bit. Here are the big takeaways:
    • Droid is the brand name being applied to Verizon's Android devices. It isn't a single phone.
    • The Sholes -- the phone we've been calling the Droid so far -- may simply be known as the Droid.
    • HTC's Desire will be coming to market as the "Droid Eris." (Allow us to save you the Wikipedia lookup -- Eris is the Greek goddess of strife.) Interestingly, it's already up on gdgt as such.

read more

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    OH, That's just great. I am so close to going somewhere other than BB then I read this. I am going to have to step back and compare what all is popping up. I love my BB but I am so tempted to go another direction and if this is true it just makes my choice that much harder. I was so hyped about the S2 now I don't even know if I will still be on a BB when I upgrade..Android, Windows Mobile or BB?? I love it and hate it all in the same thought.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    with new smartphones like this ^^ and this, it definitely makes it hard to stay on one platform its temptation at its best!

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Notice that "Eris" are the last four letters in "Desire" spelled backwards. I thought something was quite similar and wondered why the name "Eris" was chosen other than the fact that Eris is a greek goddess.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Greek goddess of "strife & discord"

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I got to say this strategy sounds nice and interesting. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Had I stayed with Verizon, I would have gone with the Desire. Looks really, really sweet.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    OH, That's just great. I am so close to going somewhere other than BB then I read this. I am going to have to step back and compare what all is popping up. I love my BB but I am so tempted to go another direction and if this is true it just makes my choice that much harder. I was so hyped about the S2 now I don't even know if I will still be on a BB when I upgrade..Android, Windows Mobile or BB?? I love it and hate it all in the same thought.
    Yup, I will be using a demo HTC Touch Pro 2 from Verizon next week and I'm pretty excited. I love the BB but I want to see what else is out there and I need/want something with a better browser and better attachment viewing capabilities. I look at a lot of PDF's & Word documents on my phone and it's too difficult to view and zoom on the BB.

I hope to use the Touch Pro 2 for about a week and then maybe try the new Eris here as I'm interested in the new Android OS. With most new devices having their own push capabilities, RIM better up the ante somehow or they will be losing a lot of market share real soon.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    That's exactly how I feel! I had my heart set on the S2 but after looking @ the specs on these two upcoming Android phones for VZ I think I may leave my beloved BB behind. My upgrade is in a few weeks. Decisions-Decisions

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Hey-does anyone know if these upcoming Vz Android phones will be Global phones and will you be able to use them to tether??

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    They are tempting for sure, I may need to figure out something else in my budget I can cut so I can afford to stay with verizon....IDK...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    This thing a slider?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    No, just a touch screen I believe...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I wonder if the "Droid" will also be a Tag on all the v2.0 Verizon Android phones? I sure hope so b/c this may mean they have finally decided to organize their products where a lay phone user could recognize a certain phone.

This has been a long standing frustration with me associated with RIM. It's very difficult to keep track of Phones, OS's and which one has what. I really like it if this is the case. Good Job Verizon!