The Nexus One device can be purchased unlocked and will recognize SIM cards from any ... Android News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod

Using the Nexus One Google Smartphone with your SIM card

The Nexus One device can be purchased unlocked and will recognize SIM cards from any mobile service provider using the GSM standard. The Nexus One's antenna supports four GSM radio frequencies (850/900/1800/1900) and three 3G/UMTS Bands - 1/4/8 (2100/AWS/900). These cover most major GSM mobile providers worldwide, including T-Mobile US, but not the 850 MHz 3G band used by AT&T. The Nexus One phone will, however, deliver 2G/EDGE speeds on these networks (Eg AT&T), and of course supports WiFi as well. For questions about the bands supported by your mobile service provider, please contact your provider directly.

3G networks enable faster data usage than 2G networks. The Nexus One will work well on 2G/EDGE networks for many common activities, including making phone calls, sending text messages, sending and receiving email, and browsing the web. For activities that consume large amounts of data, like watching online videos or streaming music, 2G/EDGE speeds may not be sufficient for an optimal user experience.

The currently available Nexus One is a GSM device and is not compatible with CDMA networks such as Verizon and Sprint. However, Google will provide the Nexus One phones optimized for Verizon and Sprint networks soon.

More about the Nexus One and some key features:

Speed & OS
    • Snapdragon processor capable of speeds up to 1GHz!
    • The Nexus One runs on Android 2.1, a version of the platform's Eclair software.

Voice-enabled keyboard and commands
    • Voice-enabled keyboard for all text fields: speak a text message, instant message, or complete an email
    • Voice commands: search Google, call contacts, or get driving directions by speaking into your phone
    • Use voice shortcuts in noisy environments with an additional mic allowing for active noise cancellation

• Dynamic, interactive, live wallpapers react to the touch of a finger
    • More widgets and 5 home screen panels allow for further device customization

Camera-quality pictures and video
    • 5 megapixel camera includes LED flash, auto focus, zoom, white balance and color effects
    • View pictures and Picasa Web Albums in the 3D Gallery
    • Record Hi-Res MPEG4 video and upload to YouTube in one click

Read your voicemail
    • Get transcribed voicemail with Google Voice integration, without changing your number

Source: Google Help

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    This is a pretty nice phone, I think the wifi makes up for AT&T 3G not working on it, well for me at least I'm usually in a wifi area anyway, don't wanna leave BB but I'm currently using a Storm on ATT network, there are alot of new BB's coming out but now real differences. Didn't care for anything google or android til the Nexus One, may look into it

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    This sounds good and it's nice to see a device has features that aren't disabled when you unlock it. Especially since I'm in Canada and I'll probably end up getting it unlocked from the US. Thanks Hayden!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does anyone know if it costs to use Yahoo! Mail with Outlook? I don't really use G-mail for much but e-mails that I don't wanna give out my Yahoo! Address and I know that normally to setup Yahoo mail with Outlook it costs extra. I believe that this is the option you'd have to use to get your Yahoo mail pushed to the Nexus One. Just wondering.