One app that is very popular on the iPhone platform is the restaurant finder, UrbanSpoon. ... Android News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

UrbanSpoon App Released For Android

Advertisement

One app that is very popular on the iPhone platform is the restaurant finder, UrbanSpoon. Now us DROID users get to try it out. I just happened to check the "Just In" list in the Android Market and saw that UrbanSpoon now has an Android version available. It is limited to Motorola DROID and Nexus One users, not sure if it will be available for other devices soon or not. I gave it a quick test and it seems to work pretty well for me.

It's a nice app to have when you're looking for a place to eat and don't know the area, or if your just looking for something new. Or maybe you don't know what you want, just keep shaking it until something looks/sounds good! It's easy to use, quick to customize, and loaded with features like quickly call or map the location and read customer reviews. It even has a built in voice search that will just search UrbanSpoon. For example I just tapped voice search, said Indian, and it came up with three lists, the top 10 most popular Indian restaurants, the 10 closest to my location listed in order, closest to furthest, and a list of neighborhoods with the number of Indian restaurants in each neighborhood. The lists show pricing guides and percentages of people who liked each restaurant.

I think this is one app to add to my Must Have list!

_____
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    This is an awesome app! I used it last week to find Caribbean food in Vegas. It worked like a charm! Which reminds me I need to add a rating for that restaurant.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks! This was the One App that made me envious of the IPhone when I first saw the commercial some time ago, now I'm cool too

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    haha, yay, I'm finally a cool kid

Seriously though, I will definitely use this & the app seems to work pretty well.....except that if I lock it to international food it will still sometimes give me 5 American restaurants in a row....all the other categories seem to stay locked ok. But I checked the iPhone/iPod Touch version and it does the same. I guess I was expecting that locking International foods would give me everything but American.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4