TechCrunch : Over the weekend Verizon unleashed its marketing campaign for its upcoming Motorola Droid ... Android News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

The Verizon Droid Might Be Landing Sooner Than We Thought

Advertisement

TechCrunch: Over the weekend Verizon unleashed its marketing campaign for its upcoming Motorola Droid smartphone, pointing out some of the iPhone’s biggest flaws on prime time television as well as on the website DroidDoes.com. The phone, which will be the first to run Android 2.0 and is sporting some heavy duty specs, may be the first viable challenger to Apple’s iPhone dominance. Thing is, the Droid still isn’t officially announced yet, and we still don’t have a release date.

But we do have some hints: DroidDoes.com features a mysterious countdown timer that consists of a bunch of nonsensical symbols swirling by. Though some trickery (namely changing your computer clock or looking at the site’s config.xml file), it’s pretty easy to see what it’s counting down to. When the site launched on Saturday the countdown was going to October 30, 12:00 AM CST. Sometime today, that changed: the clock is now counting down to October 28, at 12:00 AM CST. Or 48 hours earlier than it used to be.

Read More

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    So funny as I type this the commercial just came on TV. Verizon is ready to battle ATT in anyway possible. Thru there 3G coverage ads and now the android ads. Interesting couple months too see how ATT fights back if they do.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    AT&T won't fight back unless Apple gives them permission. AT&T is going to wake up and wonder what happened to them with all the Android phones going to Verizon and supposedly to T-Mobile also. They are behind Verizon on 3G coverage and AT&T voice coverage is in the toilet with drop calls. Heck I think even Sprint is jumping ahead. If I didn't have a year and half left on contract with AT&T I would be gone. My two cents only and these days that isn't worth much.

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Come on... Really? Another "iPhone killer"? How many does this make?

The only way verizon is going to make a serious dent in subscriber base is to offer great service, which they don't, and drop their rate plans, which they won't. They play the same contract games as everybody else and they do it with old technology. (how many "world phones" does verizon sell?")

If Verizon is so much the leader in the industry, why do they have to attack the competition?a true leader would just say "I'm great" and let their reputation and product speak for itself. Of AT&T were as bad, or verizon as great, as folks say on some of these forums, there'd be no contest. Early term fees aren't that bad if the service is truly that horrible so spare me the "I have a year left on my contract" speaches because most people probably dis the same whining before they re-up'd the last time.
    Posted via smartphone

BlizzBerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    The thing is Verizon is the front runner. They do have better coverage and better 3g. If this weren't the case I would be long gone. Its frustrating buying a new phone and seeing "here's what the phone is capable of; here's what it does." In other words i hate the crippling and extreme branding of everything verizon does. To me it is like I bought the phone to use its gps capabilities...not so i could pay for vznav. I really hope the droid breaks these common Verizon standards. I am a blackberry user at heart but having a blackberry on verizon almost leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Stick to service Verizon...keep your inferior alternative software.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzBerry View Post
    The thing is Verizon is the front runner. They do have better coverage and better 3g. If this weren't the case I would be long gone. Its frustrating buying a new phone and seeing "here's what the phone is capable of; here's what it does." In other words i hate the crippling and extreme branding of everything verizon does. To me it is like I bought the phone to use its gps capabilities...not so i could pay for vznav. I really hope the droid breaks these common Verizon standards. I am a blackberry user at heart but having a blackberry on verizon almost leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Stick to service Verizon...keep your inferior alternative software.

"Yes they Deserve to Die and I Hope they Burn in HELL!!"
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    There's to be some kind of event on the 28th--it sounds pretty good.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/21/v...on-october-28/

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    There's to be some kind of event on the 28th--it sounds pretty good.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/21/v...on-october-28/
    The 28th should be a good day. I really want to use one of these.