Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wonder if motorola and/or AT&T have found a way to make free yahoo accounts ... Android News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

I wonder if motorola and/or AT&T have found a way to make free yahoo accounts work better on Android. I gave up on adding my yahoo email to my droid.....it constantly fails setup with a wrong password error, then I finally get it to accept it. A day later I notice I'm not getting my mail....my yahoo acct once again says wrong password even though I made no changes. I just check it via the web browser now....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well isn't att roumered to get the desire? Do u think they'll do the same there? Because that's a device I was kinda lookin forward to and if they pull this crap I just will wait till the nexus1 works on the att bands

Both yahoo and att have commented on the replacement of google with yahoo, read more here: http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-...ckflip-537107/

This part made me laugh though:

"However, AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel told eWEEK users can select any search engine on the Backflip as part of the company's philosophy of letting users part of the company's philosophy of letting users access any application they want."

Yes, they can open the browser and go to google, but it will not flow with the native functions off the phone and if users can use the apps they want then why replace the google maps, android music player and more.....where's the choice?
    Twitter? My Apps List

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^I have to agree there. That smells funny. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck it's probably a duck.

I found out att has a contract with yahoo that's why they did it

Hopefully their contract earns them enough money to make up for lost sales and customers.....because if they "must" do this to all their Android devices then I don't see AT&T doing as well with Android as T-Mo and Verizon. I know of a few people who were sticking with AT&T long enough to for them to get some Android devices and they are not pleased with their modifications. They are now ready to jump to another carrier....or hold out for the Google Nexus One that will be AT&T 3g compatible....since that will be sold through Google directly I would imagine AT&T's being in bed with Yahoo! will have no effect.
    Twitter? My Apps List

I hope they don't do this to the desire,and I agree I'm one of the ones holding out for the 3G nexus one that'll work on att. I'm hoping its just the motorola their doing this to I don't mind this on the back flip seeing as I have no interest in this phone but I do feel bad for the people who do cop this phone.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    It's funny, now TMO is dumping Yahoo for Google.

http://www.berryreview.com/2010/03/0...yReview.com%29
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hahahaha^^^ Does anyone else see a pattern here? Can u believe all this stuff. What! R they Thinking?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12