We've been hearing rumors for months now that Sprint would be adding a new Android ... Android News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro

Sprint's First Android Device Coming In October

We've been hearing rumors for months now that Sprint would be adding a new Android device to it's smartphone arsenal and we've even seen leaks confirming it. In a press release, Sprint has announced that the device will be available on October 11th, for $179.99 after a $50 instant savings and $100 mail-in rebate. This is of course with a 2 year agreement and unlimited data plan, which starts with the $69.99 Everything Plan. The new updated look of the device is a welcome too, over the squared look we've come to expect from HTC. In all honesty, it's no big surprise that the Hero was their first device as the stories have been flying for months about it, but what is really a surprise is the new design and price tag.

Also interesting, is the announcement made on their developer's site, which promises the device and a "Big announcement".

Taken straight from the site:

Announcing the HTC Hero, which will be the first Android device running on the Sprint network.

By the end of September, the Sprint developer program will deploy an Android development section that will highlight some resources, value added services applicable to all android developers. FYI, you start developing now by downloading the Android 1.5 SDK

Register to attend our upcoming 2009 Open Developer Conference, where Sprint and our ecosystem partners including HTC will be talking Android:
    - Technical overview sessions on Oct 26
    - Android hands on coding labs the evening of Oct 26

Oh, BTW we have some BIG announcements coming by the end of the month that will be of great interest to all android developers…we promise it won't disappoint.

Aside from the refurb'd look, the device is the same Hero we've come to know, so Sprint subscribers who've been itching to play with this new platform, your chance is coming and with a nice price too.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    The new look is beautiful. This will be a powerhouse for Sprint.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

SiNJiN no está en línea Stack level 2
    That is one HUGE trackball! Wonder how it'll look after a few months of use?

aleano75 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PM me!
    I'm looking forward to getting mine...hoping it's all it hyped to be.

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    I for one am ready for something totally new and totally mine, as terrific as my BB has been its Just not as needed as before. OCT 11 needs to hurry up.
    BlackBerry8330/ Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104