One of my favorite things about the mobile industry is the never ending supply of ... Android News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Rumored Device Releases

Advertisement

One of my favorite things about the mobile industry is the never ending supply of rumors surrounding devices. Whether it's specs, release dates, or carriers, there's always something new, virtually every day. AndroidAndMe posted a round-up of rumored and confirmed Android devices from the major carriers. With Google promising us 18-22 devices, we should soon see an explosion of diversity in the Android device world. Just to hit some quick highlights:

AT&T:

HTC Lancaster - Target date was August 3rd, but rumors about the UI means this might be much later in the year
    HTC Hero - Engadget has reported the the HTC Hero has been approved by the FCC for AT&T 3G bands, so we may see this soon.

Sprint:

HTC Hero - Rumored launch date is October 11th
    Samsung Q - Rumored launch date is October 11th

T-Mobile:

Motorola Morrison/Cliq - Rumored launch date is October 21st
    Samsung Bigfoot/Houdini - All dates are speculative

Verizon:

Motorola Sholes - Rumored launch date is sometime in October

Full article with details on the release dates here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm eying that HTC Hero like the last donut in the breakroom.

matte119 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Re: AT&T HTC phones.

Doesn't matter what they call it or when they release it... WinMo sucks!!! Too Powerful Software + Weak Phones = Crap

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i've used windows mobile (albeit 3 years ago) and wasn't impressed ... but i'm also anxious to see what progress they've made i don't think they are out of the running just yet

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by matte119 View Post
    Re: AT&T HTC phones.

Doesn't matter what they call it or when they release it... WinMo sucks!!! Too Powerful Software + Weak Phones = Crap
    All of those devices are going to be Android platform devices. I haven't played with Windows Mobile in quite some time, but it hasn't been the best platform in the past. However, Microsoft is in the process of really revamping their entire concept of the mobile platform. Windows Phone is the new buzzword and they are really taking a hardline approach to getting a solid foothold again.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Gotta read up on this when I get home, once you go black you never go back.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Gotta read up on this when I get home, once you go black you never go back.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102
    I agree man, I love my BB, but the buzz around Android and the new devices coming out are really making me think about getting one, just to have around and play with.
    How to upgrade your OS

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    Indeed. I want the Hero, grrr at&t is killin me. If it does go that way tho, I'm gonna get it n unlock it. Gotta do what you gotta do son.
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100