Gizmodo : There was a disturbance in the Android App Market today as an application ... Android News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod

Rogue Android App Allegedly Destroying G1 Memory, Installing Adware

Gizmodo: There was a disturbance in the Android App Market today as an application called MemoryUp was allegedly erasing contacts and installing adware. The mystery is how it got there in the first place. The app, created by a developer named Peter Liu to optimize the handset's memory, was also responsible for random memory wipes and email account spamming.

At the Android forums, users who had downloaded the app and suffered the consequences were, understandably, up in arms and warning others to not download the app.

[Read More]

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Wow, that's crazy, I believe there's an app for BB with the same name. I will have to see if it's the same developer. Although I don't think any BB users had these issues which makes me wonder if the BB is just better at preventing results like these or what. ~via BB (

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (
    Posted to my blog yesterday regarding the dangers of Open Source in conjunction with 3rd Party Development, noting that Symbian bank accounts were being hacked.
    This is just the tip of the ice berg, and while being caught up in the stampede for consumer features, I hope RIM keeps a tight hold on the reins when it comes to security
    Last edited by Berryadict; 01-26-2009 at 05:44 PM.