We in the Blackberry community are all quite familiar with Opera Mini. The browser renders ... Android News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Opera Mobile Coming to Android

Advertisement

We in the Blackberry community are all quite familiar with Opera Mini. The browser renders web pages not designed necessarily for mobile browsers into something much more friendly for our devices. However, those in the Windows Mobile community are well aware of the features in Opera Mobile, that include faster web browsing, a download manager, widget support, and more. In an interview with Opera Software CEO Jon von Tetzchner, PCMag.com reported today that Opera Mobile will be coming to the Android Platform, but did not specify when. Tetzchner said, "Yes, we are working on an Android version,".

Full article here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

john m no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    no deal
    I'm reading this on my opera mini on the new mytouch
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14427/504; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm confused.. I'm on Opera right now..
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14427/554; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Those are both Opera Mini. The Opera Mobile application is more functional and renders the pages so that a bit more of the content comes through. You can read about the application here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Those are both Opera Mini. The Opera Mobile application is more functional and renders the pages so that a bit more of the content comes through. You can read about the application here.
    looks great. when's it coming out for us droids?
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

PIN/ID
    Ask
    With so many developers and manufacturers turning their attention to the Android platform, I can't imagine it will be too much longer. I don't even have an Android device, but I'm loving what I'm seeing coming out of this OS.
    How to upgrade your OS

Yeah I'm a fresh switcher from the iPhone and I can say I don't miss it one bit because of the Android support from devs and the community.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

PIN/ID
    Ask
    The fact that it's open-source code will mean the devices themselves will be what sells, so manufacturers are going to have to really step it up to start impressing people. Your profile still says 2G. Which device did you get?
    How to upgrade your OS

The fact that it's open-source code will mean the devices themselves will be what sells, so manufacturers are going to have to really step it up to start impressing people. Your profile still says 2G. Which device did you get?
    Totally forgot about that. I got a g1 running 1.5 on tmo. Gotta change that when I get home. Opted for the g1 because of the keyboard. I'm done with the whole touchscreen only fad.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I tried the Storm out for the touchscreen and I just couldn't see me using it all the time with as much email and SMS I get.
    How to upgrade your OS

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    I tried the Storm out for the touchscreen and I just couldn't see me using it all the time with as much email and SMS I get.
    I agree I I love the ability to use either a touch screen or a physical keyboard, which is why I got the G1 instead of the MyTouch-chris aka riffman

Any news on this? Been waiting to try it out

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Nothing yet. Currently Windows Mobile and S60 (Symbian) are the only supported platforms.
    How to upgrade your OS