Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by MStrawder Not sure it would make me leave my BB, but it ... Android News forum

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Not sure it would make me leave my BB, but it would definitely be a good contender. The deal breaker for me is a lack of a QWERTY keyboard. I have used touchscreens before and I cannot stand them. Just couldn't get used to that. However this is looking like a great device and maybe the one that really solidifies the Android platform in the market.
    Might be a deal breaker for me too, but the phone sure is sexy.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    As a very longtime BlackBerry user, I too "used" to think that I could not live without a traditional keyboard.

However as I became more and more jaded with RIMs' new questionable direction, I was driven by them to re-think my position.

I bought an iPhone 3G just to see what it was like. A move I swore I would never make. Surprisingly I've grown accustomed to a virtual keyboard and they are actually quite nice. So much so, that I then upgraded to a iPhone 3Gs upon it's release.

Thus I remain very open minded about the Nexus One, as I have a lot of respect for the engineering expertise of HTC. I will be one of the first to embrace this new model. I plan to buy one upon it's release and decide for myself just what it's all about.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    As a very longtime BlackBerry user, I too "used" to think that I could not live without a traditional keyboard.

However as I became more and more jaded with RIMs' new questionable direction, I was driven by them to re-think my position.

I bought an iPhone 3G just to see what it was like. A move I swore I would never make. Surprisingly I've grown accustomed to a virtual keyboard and they are actually quite nice. So much so, that I then upgraded to a iPhone 3Gs upon it's release.

Thus I remain very open minded about the Nexus One, as I have a lot of respect for the engineering expertise of HTC. I will be one of the first to embrace this new model. I plan to buy one upon it's release and decide for myself just what it's all about.
    Tried the virtual keyboard at length as I was set to buy a myTouch 3G, but I just cannot seem to get used to that touchscreen and lack of that 'click' feeling when I press a key.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Tried the virtual keyboard at length as I was set to buy a myTouch 3G, but I just cannot seem to get used to that touchscreen and lack of that 'click' feeling when I press a key.
    What I've found is that it varies dramatically depending on the type of touch screen being used.

A friend was kind enough to lend his myTouch to me for a day, and it was one of the most difficult (notice I did not say the "worst" as we are all different) for me to learn. Yet that said, I didn't have it long enough to truly give it a fair chance.

Now on my fourth touch screen smartphone, what I've learned about myself and touch screens is I need to slow my (normally fast) typing down, and deliberately use that slower speed for at least one week. Then suddenly the experience is not only a good one, but fun as my speed immediately returns to normal. An amazing experience I would have never believed if I hadn't had it myself.

Another thing that is a certain way to fail, is to try and evaluate one in the store. Coming from a full qwerty keyboard to a virtual one requires the desire for success, an open mind, and the willingness to practice. Now I can pickup nearly any touchscreen device and enjoy it in a matter of just days. A very satisfying experience that I would have never thought possible.

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    phone looks promising
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Android continues to dominate the tech news.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12