Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I am very excited seeing that I am a Toronto, Canada resident. I can now ... Android News forum

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

Advertisement

I am very excited seeing that I am a Toronto, Canada resident. I can now access the Nexus One....

But the reason I am turned off is because of you pdxmatts! Grrr... But in all seriousness, I respect your opinion and I think that if you didn't like it that much, I may feel the same. I was debating on waiting for the Nexus One or going to iPhone. I'm assuming you think the iPhone is a better phone all around?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Please don't take my word for it. I encourage everyone to try It out for themselves if at all possible. If you see someone with one, go up and ask if you can look at it. I'm sure they won't mind showing it off. The problem is that not very many people actually have one. One persons opinion may not be the same as anothers.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    I am very excited seeing that I am a Toronto, Canada resident. I can now access the Nexus One....

But the reason I am turned off is because of you pdxmatts! Grrr... But in all seriousness, I respect your opinion and I think that if you didn't like it that much, I may feel the same. I was debating on waiting for the Nexus One or going to iPhone. I'm assuming you think the iPhone is a better phone all around?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Please don't take my word for it. I encourage everyone to try It out for themselves if at all possible. If you see someone with one, go up and ask if you can look at it. I'm sure they won't mind showing it off. The problem is that not very many people actually have one. One persons opinion may not be the same as anothers.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Very true! I'll try to find someone. It's much harder to find someone up here that has one though. This is where the problem lies. I will try though or instead I will try out the iPhone and see if I fall in love

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I am not regretting my N1 one bit! Super fast, and with the Invisashield Full body Protection, phone feels awesome!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    When I get a chance this week Im going to visit my local AT&T Store and see what they can tell me about the device plans and SIM cards. I'm in agreement w/pdx about the track ball tho. What were they thinking? I will also see if they plan on having any in the store for demos.

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you get a chance before purchasing the Nexus please try the track bal. I did not like it at all. I have had many blackberries, and the trackball on the blackberries is much better than the Nexus One.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Will do 4 sure ^^

Uh oh! Problems with display on ATT units

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...nius+Report%29

The N1's screen and body are very scratch resistant. Saw a YouTube video of someone scratching it with keys. No damage from the keys to the screen or body

Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    I am not regretting my N1 one bit! Super fast, and with the Invisashield Full body Protection, phone feels awesome!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Ohhhh NOOOOOOOOOO.............. They have not updated that article yet to reflect more details. I sure hope it's not wide spread.

Another link with more of the same issues. Screen Problems I'm bummed. We need the Nexus One to succeed.
    Customer Service is being an issue also still. C'Mon Google put it in gear.

I'm going to have to wait now. There are just too many reports at this point for me to take a $529 chance.

Last edited by srl7741; 03-18-2010 at 07:23 PM.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Google seems to be aware of the issues and more can be read here Google Forums. If it's a software problem then an update can fix it no problem but if it's a hardware issue then that's a totally different mess. (Return/exchange). Ugh

From Ry Guy (Google Employee)

Hello everybody,

I'm dropping in to let you know that we are still investigating the problems some of you are having with the touchscreen. Getting to the root of a problem like this can be very difficult because there are a variety of things that could be the potential cause.

Some of you may have seen the touchscreen behaving strangely because of the way you are holding the phone. Please make sure you aren't touching the screen in two places when gripping the phone. If you are trying to register a touch and another part of your hand (or your sleeve even) is also touching the screen it won't work!

If this turns out to be a software issue, we will attempt a fix via an OTA update. For now, completely turn off your Nexus One and then power it up. This typically stops any strange touchscreen behavior.

Lastly, a small percentage of you probably have hardware issues. This is likely the case if entire areas of your screen have become permanently unresponsive. In this case, view the warranty details in our Help Center and contact HTC for support.

Thanks for your continued patience as we work to sort this out, it is hugely appreciated!

-Ry Guy

PIN/ID
    Retired
    What the heck, while I was learning more i saw this also.

Google’s Nexus One trademark filing is denied Bad day

What a mess. Maybe you could post up in the news section?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Let me read some more and try to see if people are trolling and how large of an issue is really is?
    The Patent/Name report will turn out to be nothing more than Google paying for the naming rights. Apple did not own the name iPhone when it was released Cisco did. So I really don't think that will be much to talk about. IDK?......

Stay tuned I guess for now.

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    All I can say is that I have a hero and the trackball is a great feature. I know they aren't that comparable, but if the Nexus One then I would be happy to have one.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast