Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Today Google's Nexus One has hit the virtual shelves equipped for 3G action on AT&T ... Android News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Nexus One For AT&T and Rogers Available

Today Google's Nexus One has hit the virtual shelves equipped for 3G action on AT&T and Rogers networks.
    You can take a look for yourself on Google's web site.

I've been patently waiting for this to happen and now my wait if over
    Don't forget about the engraving option when ordering. (Step 3).

Google phone link.
    Demo Videos Link
    Device Spec Page

Last edited by srl7741; 03-16-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow out of nowhere Google just surprises you. I was going to wait to see what the X10 from Sony had to offer and also the new iPhone, but now I'm tempted just to go ahead and get the Nexus One without using a hup for Rogers..........This makes it very interesting.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hell yes! But what happened to the Desire? Is that one going to verizon?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    If there was something out of the ordinary to think about it would be that Google is not really partnering with AT&T or Rogers like they have with TMo. Notice there simply selling the Nexus One unlocked and compatible with their 3G Networks.

It's a little different and I question how well this will work? Will users want to do the extra leg work for the device (seeking out) the carrier and getting a SIM card on their own.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    If there was something out of the ordinary to think about it would be that Google is not really partnering with AT&T or Rogers like they have with TMo. Notice there simply selling the Nexus One unlocked and compatible with their 3G Networks.

It's a little different and I question how well this will work? Will users want to do the extra leg work for the device (seeking out) the carrier and getting a SIM card on their own.
    Plus the unlocked price is $529. still if it works on ATT 3G it should work on 3G elsewhere in the world. Getting a Sim card is not that difficult

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I just wonder if ATT will make it mandatory to have a data plan for it and automatically start charging you once they see you are using it.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh well isn't that great........the day after I switch from at&t to Cellular South and pick up my shiny new Hero, at&t gets the bloody Nexus One!!!!

That's fine......I didn't need to spend $529 on the Nexus One anyway......crap.

Correct me if I'm wrong, If you don't already have an ATT account, then you would need to sign up for a plan in order to get a sim card and sign a 2 yr contract with a monthly mandatory data package charge as well.

Unless you just want a sim card for a prepaid account.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I can't wait to hear form a member who does use it on AT&T. As pdx mentioned I'm curious about the Data and of course 3G coverage or issue like TMo users were reporting.

edit* I guessing you can SIM swap as one option or yes purchase a plan which would supply u with a new SIM card.

Hopefully they have had enough time to fix those issues before this release Hope they send out demo's to the stores for people to try before they buy. $529.00 is an awful lot of money.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Hopefully they have had enough time to fix those issues before this release Hope they send out demo's to the stores for people to try before they buy. $529.00 is an awful lot of money.
    No kidden, that's enough 4 a new iPad

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    No kidden, that's enough 4 a new iPad
    But a nexus 1 is more useful. Lol.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

I'm thinking Google has seen the writing on the wall with that watered down Android Moto Backflip, and though T-Mobile didn't do it with their Nexus, why chance it. Its just gonna be something to see how AT&T will work with so Two Data hungry device, actually three with the soon to be released IPad...

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    Had a chance to see and try a Nexus One today (a friend got one). Did not like it at all. Did not like the way it felt in my hands, and it looks and felt cheap to me. This is just my opinion, but my daughter's iphone has a much better feel to it and it looks way more sexy. I also hated that trackball on the Nexus, it had a really funny feel to it. I cannot justify paying $529.00 for a phone that I am not in love with. Now I will wait and see what the X10 and Blackberry Slider are about.

I felt the same way when I was able to get my hands on one. I hope people will find one to test out before buying so they will be sure that they will like it. It would be a pain to return, plus have to pay a restocking fee

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlee View Post
    Had a chance to see and try a Nexus One today (a friend got one). Did not like it at all. Did not like the way it felt in my hands, and it looks and felt cheap to me. This is just my opinion, but my daughter's iphone has a much better feel to it and it looks way more sexy. I also hated that trackball on the Nexus, it had a really funny feel to it. I cannot justify paying $529.00 for a phone that I am not in love with. Now I will wait and see what the X10 and Blackberry Slider are about.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast