Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by bshpmark Couple of questions for those of you who have the MyTouch. ... Android News forum

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bshpmark View Post
    Couple of questions for those of you who have the MyTouch.

1. How is the TMo 3G. Faster than WiFi or much faster than Edge? significantly noticeable?

2. How about the calendar and email apps? Better than the BB? I have a Curve 8320.
    o

I just ran a speed test loading pinstack.

Edge: 12.9 sec.
    3G: 9.83 sec.
    Wifi: 5.29 sec.

Cleared the cache before each test, but times may vary depending on your location. My 3g connection is at 2 bars. When full, its very close to Wifi speed.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by bshpmark View Post
    Couple of questions for those of you who have the MyTouch.

1. How is the TMo 3G. Faster than WiFi or much faster than Edge? significantly noticeable?

2. How about the calendar and email apps? Better than the BB? I have a Curve 8320.

The 3G is MUCH faster than edge (w/o a question). About wifi, I honestly don't see the need to use Wifi bc there is 3G in my house, between my house and work, and at my work.

There is only one place I go to that there's no 3G currently (i am in Boston/Cambridge area so that's why I have 3G)

I had the 8320 and then the 8900. THe browser/media/all other stuff is amazing. THe calendar and email app is better for gmail/google accounts. THe mail system however is much better on the BB.

but overall, i think a small mail sacrifice (easy shortcuts) are worth it for the whole experience.

Out of contract they made a mistake and sold it for $400, but quickly fixed it, and now it's at $500 again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12