Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click to view Thanks Carl !... Android News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

MyTouch 3G now on T-Mobile's website - $199.99

Advertisement

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I has a look at it today. Very nice device. I'd likely switch but I can't live without a keyboard and 3.55 headphone jack. Still very nice.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    Last edited by Emmc; 08-05-2009 at 08:06 PM.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Using the STORM transitioned me into the MyTouch 3g easily. As for the 3.5 headphone jack, it comes with a adapter to plug 3.5 headphones, so not a big deal to me.
    Last edited by moses2628; 08-06-2009 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    Using the STORM transitioned me into the MyTouch 3g easily. As for the 3.5 headphone jack, it comes with a adapter to plug 3.5 headphones, so not a big deal!!!!
    I like to be able to charge my device and listen to music at the same time. Especially while driving.

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    ^^^The my touch doesn't do that??? ^^^
    Double u tee eff mate!?
    And here I was thinkin all phones allow you to charge and use them at the same time. This reminds me of a kyocera I had, looked cool. But in all reality it was crap. Please say it aint so.
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    I had a chance to play with it @ a TMo store yesterday. Very nice device. The typing was not the best experience for me though. I don't have huge fingers, but everytime I tried to type hello, I would hit the j instead of the h. That happened a few times. And then changing the keyboard from letters to numbers took a few tries. But, I have to say it is a cool device. It has 3G which no BlackBerry on Tmo has yet, which irks me. It has a nice user interface. Easy to navigate. But, I'm not ready to give up my BB just yet. If anything, I'll get an iPod Touch to compensate lol
    My Focus may become Jaided but never my determination...

Quote Originally Posted by walkiniceberg View Post
    ^^^The my touch doesn't do that??? ^^^
    Double u tee eff mate!?
    And here I was thinkin all phones allow you to charge and use them at the same time. This reminds me of a kyocera I had, looked cool. But in all reality it was crap. Please say it aint so.
    You can use the device, but you can't plug headphones in while it's charging. The charging port is also the headphone port (with an adapter).

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Best phone on Tmobile BY FAR!!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    You can use the device, but you can't plug headphones in while it's charging. The charging port is also the headphone port (with an adapter).
    Why would they do that? How hard or costly would it have been to add a 3.5mm jack on the side or top of it.
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.100 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Because its htc that's how they always do it,but they are supposed to put 3.5 mm headphone jacks on all there phones made after the touch pro 2

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    I like to be able to charge my device and listen to music at the same time. Especially while driving.
    This is my problem too...but there is ANOTHER adapter that you can buy ($7 on amazon) that you insert, and then you can charge + talk at the same time.

Anyway, I just took the plunge yesterday too and got rid of my curve 8900 (if anyone needs an unlocked one, let me know, selling it). I got the G1, used it for 2 days, the battery life was sooo bad that I returned it and got the myTouch. The browser is incredible. The nitro touchdown suite is friggen incredible for corporate email (email, calendar, contacts, tasks).

Only thing is getting use to no touch keyboard.

Multi tasking is great.

Need more dial shortcuts, and no "one tap" way to get speaker phone during a call.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by JaidedFocus View Post
    I don't have huge fingers, but everytime I tried to type hello, I would hit the j instead of the h. That happened a few times. And then changing the keyboard from letters to numbers took a few tries.
    Agreed, but I noticed something (same as iphone somewhat -- yes I owned one of those too):

You have to hit the key RIGHT on top as opposed to "on the side" the way you do with physical keyboards. With physical keyboards you kind of "touch the key on the side" and then press it. With this you have to tap it straight down as though you want to cover it and not see it. Takes a bit getting used to -- a few days.

I have huge fingers and I think I make 1 mistake on every 20ish characters. The word suggestion is absolutely incredible though.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I couldn't survive without the word suggestion. Loving this one more and more each day!!!!!!! Just ordered a battery extender from T-Mobile and will get it in a few days! Oh yeah.

bshpmark no está en línea Stack level 3
    Couple of questions for those of you who have the MyTouch.

1. How is the TMo 3G. Faster than WiFi or much faster than Edge? significantly noticeable?

2. How about the calendar and email apps? Better than the BB? I have a Curve 8320.

bshpmark no está en línea Stack level 3
    One more question.

If you were already on T-Mobile, what price were you able to pay for the MyTouch? I am out of contract on TMo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast