Today at CTIA Wireless in Las Vegas, Motorola broke new ground with the announcement of ... Android News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod

Motorola unveils Motorola i1, world's first push-to-talk Android smartphone

Today at CTIA Wireless in Las Vegas, Motorola broke new ground with the announcement of the world’s first push-to-talk Android-powered device. Motorola i1 features the sleek look of a touch screen smartphone and the rugged dependability of push-to-talk, while delivering rich experiences with Swype keyboard entry, integrated office messaging, enterprise email, real Web browsing and customizable Android widgets. Motorola i1’s solid body construction meets Military specifications for protection against dust, shock, blowing rain and vibration.

Motorola i1 Fact Sheet

Push-to-Talk, Push to Touch
    Changing the game, Motorola i1 brings push-to-talk functionality into a touch screen design. Multitasking is made easier with an option to toggle push-to-talk calls to the background, allowing you to manage emails, messages and more.

Stay Connected
    Motorola i1 keeps your digital world connected as office and personal information such as emails, calendar appointments and contacts are automatically synced and integrated throughout the device. Message your contacts quickly and efficiently with multiple keyboard options including SwypeTM and XT9 keyboard entry. Stay connected to work as you review Word and PowerPoint documents on-the-go with the built-in Microsoft Document Viewer.

More Multimedia, More Fun
    Not just for work, Motorola i1 comes fully-loaded with multimedia features including a 3.1” HVGA vibrant display and a 5 megapixel camera with flash, video, geo-tagging and panoramic capabilities. Motorola i1 delivers an optimized Web browsing experience with Opera Mini 5 Browser and Google Mobile Services including GmailTM, Google MapsTM and Google Talk. Good looking, functional and tough, Motorola i1 surrounds its smarts with the sleek look of a touch screen and the solid exterior you’ve come to expect from a Motorola iDEN phone.

Motorola i1
    Talk and Standby Time: Up to 4 days standby; Up to 210 min talk time
    Bands/Modes: 800 / 900 (i) 2400 (w)
    Weight: 131.26 grams, 4.63 oz.
    Dimensions: 58mm length 118mm depth 12.8 mm
    Battery: 1400mAh
    Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth2 2.0 micro USB; Over the Air Sync, 2.5mm headset jack
    Display: 3.1” display 320x480 HVGA 265k TFT
    Messaging/ Email: MMS, SMS, corporate, Gmail IMAP, POP3, Attachment and document viewer
    Multimedia: Adobe Flash, MP3, WAV, WMA, WMV, MIDI, MP4
    Video: H.263, H.264, WMV
    Camera: 5MP, auto-focus, LED flash, 4X digital zoom
    Browser: Opera Mini 5 Browser, Android Webkit w/Adobe Flash Lite
    Memory: Removable 2GB memory card included, up to 32GB supported
    Form Factor: Full touch screen
    Antenna: Internal

Motorola i1 will be available in multiple regions around the globe beginning in Q2 2010. For more information regarding pricing and product availability in your region, please contact your local Motorola representative. To experience Motorola i1, click here.
    Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Contact your service provider for details. All features, functionality and other product specifications are based upon the latest available information and are believed to be accurate; however such product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Looks like this will be a good phone for people like contractors who need to be in rough job sites. I hope we hear good feedback on the PTT feature. Android 1.5 though
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PTT!!! I can't wait to read a review. I think the device looks great and it has Adobe Flash Lite. Very nice

Moe2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nice, I see a comeback for Nextel. I'm pretty sure it will be upgraded to 2.1 or whatever the latest will be eventually.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Looks like this will be a good phone for people like contractors who need to be in rough job sites. I hope we hear good feedback on the PTT feature. Android 1.5 though
    I agree Sam. Why are these great devices being released with older versions of Android? Manufacturers are putting so much time and energy into developing high end and feature packed devices, but slacking on the OS. Makes no sense to me.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    If I'm not mistaking it has to do with OS Branding. I may be a little off on that but in order to add certain features in the OS the carrier is forced to use older builds and also with the newer versions the specs are not such the device will work.

PTT is a great feature. I loved it when I used to use it. It's so handy and quick.