Motorola has announced a new Android 2.0 phone heading to Korea early next month. I ... Android News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Motorola Motoroi Announced for Korea: Android 2.0 & an 8mp Camera

Advertisement

Motorola has announced a new Android 2.0 phone heading to Korea early next month. I wonder if they will be releasing a similar device in the US as this one has me envious of the camera specs! This one will sport an 8mp camera with xenon flash and a 720p HD camcorder! Here are more specs:

Designed to take full advantage of the power of Android 2.0, MOTOROI™ gives you a full touch screen with a huge 3.7 inch, high-definition WVGA (480X854) display, making it easier than ever to view full page websites, videos, games, or photos. The display uses a powerful combination of Motorola’s touch user interface (UI) and a capacitive touch sensor for smooth screen flipping and scrolling, and five main displays let you customize your MOTOROI™ with various widgets with more freedom than ever before.
    Imaging Technology for Digital Camera Experience & Premium Multimedia Features
    You expect a Motorola device to offer superb imaging, and MOTOROI™ breaks new ground, offering an 8 megapixel camera with Xenon flash and a 720p HD camcorder – the first of its kind in Korea. Your new MOTOROI™ not only lets you capture, view and share2 high quality photos and videos, it helps you make them look better than ever:

• Smart image capture: Includes easy panorama, face detection, multi-shot (6 shots in a row), face filter, red eye reduction, camera shake prevention and many more elements designed to improve the quality and variety of your photos
    • HDMI™ (High Definition Multimedia Interface): With Korea’s first HDMI™ capable phone, play your HD video from your phone directly to your HDTV.

• MP3 player: Enables you to send and listen to MP3 files without the need to convert files
    • Terrestrial DMB1: Enjoy up to 24 TV and audio channels for free
    • 3.5mm ear jack: Listen to music through connecting your favorite head phones
    • Storage up to 8GB3 and Micro SD support up to 32GB3

MOTOROI™ adds a host of small touches to your user interface to help make using a powerful smart phone easy and intuitive:
    • Smart widgets let you use your content more conveniently, adjusting the size of the calendar, memo pad, contacts, e-mail and other widgets and shortcut icons on the home screen as you are using them
    • Pinch to zoom in and out lets you enlarge or reduce the size of web pages with ease
    • MOTOROI™ offers five distinct text-input methods, including a 3X4 keypad, full QWERTY, half QWERTY, hand writing and writing pad

Check out the Press Release for more info.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    That's a nice looking device and has some unique specs (HDMI). No mention of on-board memory? Did i miss that somewhere?

The onboard memory wasn't clear to me either. I saw one site that interpreted it as 8gb of onboard plus up to 32 on the sd card but I doubt that.
    Twitter? My Apps List

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Hmmm, This or the Shadow?? Decisions, decisions!
    My next choice will be a Motorola Android since the Droid has been such a pleasure. I've been waiting for this for months now and its definitely coming to the states. I remember seeing rumors that it will have a powerful 1ghz processor under-clocked to 800mhz. Hope they pack the RAM in this device. At least 512mb like the Nexus but hopefully 1GB.

More specs on this beast! Internal storage 8GB

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_xt720_motoroi-3090.php

BTW Cool avatar azstar
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    Last edited by rdills; 01-18-2010 at 03:08 PM.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I thought this was going to be the Shadow or are they two diff phones?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/31/p...iwanese-forum/
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Looks different
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is some more information about the new phone. Looks like it's coming to the US in March @ an unknown price.

Link w/Video of phone.

It's looking very nice.

I wonder who's gonna get it, I had no Nexus One envy but I may have Motoroi envy!
    Twitter? My Apps List

For sure! The last Motorola I had was a Razr

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I wonder who's gonna get it, I had no Nexus One envy but I may have Motoroi envy!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Here is another article about it. http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/19/m...cozy-quarters/