Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I got two droids one was $199 after rebate and the other was $149 after ... Android News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

I got two droids one was $199 after rebate and the other was $149 after rebate....I paid $199 for my Curve when it was new so I would not have expected the phones to be only $99 on launch weekend. But I do believe that these lists are based on hype....if the Droid had been released even 3 months earlier there would be something else new in that #1 spot. This said, I still think that the Moto Droid is an amazing device and deserves a top spot.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Except, they did spent the money on marketing, gave a LOT of people free phones, and dropped the price. Lol. I love the denial that some people are in. Its priceless! Droid's #1 and you guys just hate it!..haha Some "experts" never thought it possible. Gotta love it.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    In your face Apple.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/1186; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I'm certainly not in denial rdills, just doesn't meet my business needs. I admit it's a great device, just needs a little finishing touch. With time and user feedback (hopefully) the little things will be worked out.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Except, they did spent the money on marketing, gave a LOT of people free phones, and dropped the price. Lol. I love the denial that some people are in. Its priceless! Droid's #1 and you guys just hate it!..haha Some "experts" never thought it possible. Gotta love it.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    Has nothing to do with any type of denial I bought it, used it and gave it a chance. It was just not the device for me.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Just teasing you guys.

Droid #1
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Last edited by neorabid; 12-13-2009 at 12:34 AM.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Here's some good reading. Android has come along way!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/18231...explosion.html

The Idont has better sales numbers, but we shall see what 2010 has to offer. There may be 1 new iphone released but many different Android devices. Its not hard to see how this plays out.

Oh yeah......Motorola Droid Is Gadget Of The Year!

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    I love this phone. You really appreciate it if you own a G1. It's just so much better. I love my G1 though. Definitely not missing the iphone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Hey White Pearl, what's up?

I'm just massaging salt in the wounds around here! Haha

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    rdills, what differences are you noticing in your droid after the OS update?

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Better Battery life.
    Dial pad shut off by holding the phone to your face.
    New black widgets.
    New lock screen which I love. They incorporated this same animation for answering or ignoring calls.
    Annoying clicking on camera app. Didn't improve the photo quality.
    Everything is a little faster.
    Backlighting is much improved. Especially the 4 home screen buttons.
    Last edited by rdills; 12-13-2009 at 02:08 AM.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    The Idont has better sales numbers, but we shall see what 2010 has to offer. There may be 1 new iphone released but many different Android devices. Its not hard to see how this plays out.
    Over saturation and mass confusion among users with different OS's and lack of developer support because of the different OS's and poor return on their investment just like blackberries. Having one device with one OS makes building and developing apps MUCH easier for everybody. It also makes it easier to develop higher quality apps.

Every Android phone has been a first gen device building upon a previous platform of the OS, so saying that because this is a first gen device that it isnt going to be like the others is just ignorant. How many tries are they going to need to realize that quality is a better to build on than quantity.

Lol and the droid doesn't let you do everything, google is getting just as bad on restricting modifications as apple is with the iphone. Attacking rooting and cooked ROMS authors and making it harder for the end-user.

Google also knows where the money is because they still develop for the iPhone and they aren't showing any signs of slowing other than the google voice set back.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Last edited by neorabid; 12-13-2009 at 03:00 AM.
    Quotes to live by:

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Ive owned a couple of G1's and a myTouch both with Root and cooked roms and yet I find myself going back to the iPhone just because for everything that Android doesn't have iPhone does.

I have been an Android supporter since day one, but have been let down on multiple occasions. I loved the idea of having linux on my phone but because there is no support for it the PLATFORM LACKS in many places.
    Quotes to live by:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast