The Motorola Droids first software patch has been released. Verizon has began distributing the OTA ... Android News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Motorola Droid gets 2.0.1 software update

Advertisement

The Motorola Droids first software patch has been released. Verizon has began distributing the OTA update.

Make sure your device is up to at least a 40% charge (or 20%, if it’s currently plugged into a power source), as you won’t be able to upgrade otherwise. After that, it’s just a matter of waiting around for the update to land on your device – or if you’re feelin’ antsy, try manually updating (”Home” > “Menu” > “Settings” > “About phone” > “System updates”).

Change log:

OS stability is improved.
    Battery life is improved.
    Camera auto focus functionality is improved, and time between shots is reduced.
    Enhancements for three-way calling.
    Audio for incoming calls is improved.
    When receiving a call on call waiting, the speakerphone now remains on.
    Bluetooth® functionality is improved; background echo is eliminated.
    Improved Bluetooth phone book transfer of contacts to in-vehicle Bluetooth solutions.
    After closing a GPS application, the GPS icon will now automatically be removed from the notification panel.
    Users can now receive SMS and MMS messages after an EMS message is received.
    SMS and MMS may now be sent to seven-digit addresses. x Google® contact merging has been updated to accommodate
    seven-digit numbers. x Visual Voice Mail notices now arrive instantaneously.
    The corporate calendar widget user interface is updated

Happy updating

Source:TechCrunch
    Last edited by srl7741; 12-07-2009 at 10:07 PM.

shaunburger no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

This is great for all those Droid users out there. I have a question for all of you. I know that you can get your company email over exchange with this thing, but can you also sync your company Outlook Calender and Contacts with the Droid wirelessly like you can with a Windows Mobile phone?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Interesting update scheduling if this article on BGR is correct. Wonder which group I'll get lumped into...part of me wants it now.....just cuz .....part of me says wait patiently and see if others have issues.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Here's a link to a youtube clip with an updated Droid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLpEZjB11ZI

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got lucky to be in the first group to receive the update. It was pushed to my Droid last night. So far I've been keeping a close eye with amazement at the 25% increase in battery life. Today may be an exception, and yet even if only 15 to 20% that will be a far better result than the run time of my iPhone3Gs. Especially considering the single most power hungry component on any smartphone is the display, and that the Droid's is the largest display of all, the battery is returning great run times today.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    For those who did not get the OTA option to update your Droid you can also do it manually.
    Here is a link to download the package and also a link to instructions on "how to"

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    For those who did not get the OTA option to update your Droid
    Everyone will get it so their is no need to manually apply the update unless you cannot wait.

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    There is still no option for sending audio through MMS.....This is really nerve racking!!!!! Almost the only thing that would make this the perfect phone....

They Have really let me down,
    Hank
    Hate me for everything I am before you love me for something I'm NOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hank061978 View Post
    There is still no option for sending audio through MMS.....This is really nerve racking!!!!! Almost the only thing that would make this the perfect phone....

They Have really let me down,
    Hank
    They have a solution for this coming up in the next month or two.

If you are looking for the perfect phone you will be looking forever.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Got the updates for my Droids last night...decided to not do it manually and watch for issues from earlier upgraders. Really hoping for a bit of battery life improvement, today will be the test for that. My son wants the old lock screen back...he said it was more fun to play with
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4