Many Motorola Droid users have been on an emotional roller coaster waiting for the 2.1 ... Android News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Motorola DROID 2.1 Update to Start Rolling Out Thursday?

Advertisement

Many Motorola Droid users have been on an emotional roller coaster waiting for the 2.1 update which has been rumored to be rolling out any time now for the last couple months. Now new info has surfaced that claims the OTA update will start rolling out tomorrow! I hope this turns out to be true for all of you who are not rooted, I am running 2.1 now and there are some really nice improvements like multi-touch in the browser and gallery, voice to text entry option built into the keyboard and more. Personally, I have a few extra goodies with my 2.1 rooted ROM that I am not willing to give up just yet, so my DROID has the OTA blocked, but my son's DROID is not rooted yet(his choice) so I will get to see how well the official update works on his phone. Here's more info on the update:

"A handful of different screencaps like the one you see above just hit a bunch of Android fan blogs (We spotted these ones on Droid-Life and Android Central), implying one thing: this memo either just got pushed out to the Verizon retail outlets, or some fakester out there is putting waaaay too much effort into this. We’re guessing its the first one.

According to the memo, the first batch of Android 2.1 handsets will roll out beginning this Thursday. Given that it’s being rolled out gradually, don’t freak out if your friend’s Droid gets updated and yours doesn’t – it might take a day or two. Don’t worry, though; if Android 2.1 is half as slick on the Droid as it is on the Nexus One, the wait will be worth it."

Hit up Mobile Crunch for the complete article and screen shots to go with this latest leaked/rumored info.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Wow that is some good news for the non-rooted Droiders, they sure took their time with that update.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE53) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Looks like it will be like the 2.0.1 update, about 1k users first, then more later, then groups of 200k until everyone has it....so it could take several days before my son gets it on his.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Saw reports that a bug was found and it's delayed...then saw another saying the 1st 1,000 will roll out tonight but the rest will be delayed.....so the roller coaster continues
    Twitter? My Apps List

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I read they were delayed with an unknown release date? So I think you were right about the roller coaster ride.
    Bummer

And that's why I titled this with a ?

PS rooting ftw!
    Twitter? My Apps List

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    An update: Looks like again it may be coming out for Droid users.

Link

wsarah no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've never seen Motorola smartphones on the market ...