Verizon Wireless and Motorola, Inc. today announced the availability of Motorola DEVOUR in March. Motorola ... Android News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Motorola DEVOUR Brings MOTOBLUR To Verizon Wireless’ 3G Data Network

Advertisement

Verizon Wireless and Motorola, Inc. today announced the availability of Motorola DEVOUR in March. Motorola DEVOUR will be the first Verizon Wireless phone to feature MOTOBLUR, Motorola’s unique Android-powered content delivery service created to make wireless phones more personal and customizable.

MOTOBLUR is the first solution to sync contacts from work and personal e-mail services, including Gmail, with posts, messages, photos and more from popular sites such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter. With MOTOBLUR, content is automatically delivered to the home screen and fed into easy-to-manage streams.

Key features:

• Touch-sensitive navigation pad
    • 3.1” capacitive touch screen
    • Pre-loaded applications such as Gmail, Google Talk, YouTube, Google Search and Google Maps with Google Maps Navigation.
    • Android Market gives users access to more than 20,000 applications.
    • Happenings Widget – MOTOBLUR automatically pushes status updates, wall posts and photo updates from popular social networking sites to the Happenings Widget on the home screen. Customers can flick through the latest updates and fire back responses using the slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
    • Universal Inbox – MOTOBLUR gathers texts, social network messages and e-mails into one home screen widget for quick response.
    • Back-Up and Security – Contacts, log-in information, home screen customizations, e-mail and social network messages are backed up automatically on the secure MOTOBLUR portal. The portal also allows customers to use the phone’s fully integrated aGPS to help locate the phone if misplaced. Remote wipe easily clears information from a lost device.
    • 8 GB microSD card pre-installed
    • Bluetooth profiles supported: A2DP, HID, HSP, HFP, AVRCP and GAP

Service plans:

• To get the most from Motorola DEVOUR, customers will need to subscribe to a Nationwide Talk or Nationwide Talk & Text plan and a Data Package for smartphones. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access, and Nationwide Talk & Text plans begin at $59.99 monthly access. A Data Package for smartphones is $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.

Read More
    Attached Images Attached Images

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I still haven't played with a device with motoblur yet. I'm surprised that they are still releasing devices with a lower OS than the DROID. The touchpad is new to Android devices, I would find that useful. I didn't want one with a trackball and the touchpad for fine navigation will be nice for things like exact cursor placement. I'm looking forward to playing with it when it gets released, but definitely not wishing I could have it instead of my DROID.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

genodelick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24774EF6
    Now, with this kind of device, I would think about changing OS, but naaaah. Berry OS is just neat.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    looks nice. good to see some love for entry level users. definitely looks better than the motorola on the t-mo network.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Looks like a decent device. Surprised it's only running 1.6 and a 3 MP camera. Definitely not something I'd give up my 8900 for.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Looks like an interesting device. Might be worth checking out.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    I think this will be a great device if its price is set just right. Perfect for the entry level Android/smartphone user or strict budget customer. The low price of.the HTC Droid Eris is why I purchased it over the MotoDroid.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; ADR6200 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

TripL no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think this is a great addition to the line up. Plus I've never used a phone with Motoblur so I am looking forward to testing it out and playing with the device once it hits the store.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by TripL View Post
    I think this is a great addition to the line up. Plus I've never used a phone with Motoblur so I am looking forward to testing it out and playing with the device once it hits the store.
    motoblur is kinda lame, but thank goodness there's Cyanogen.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

MissBlackberry9630 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30cad226
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I still haven't played with a device with motoblur yet. I'm surprised that they are still releasing devices with a lower OS than the DROID. The touchpad is new to Android devices, I would find that useful. I didn't want one with a trackball and the touchpad for fine navigation will be nice for things like exact cursor placement. I'm looking forward to playing with it when it gets released, but definitely not wishing I could have it instead of my DROID.
    I agree! I was very surprised that this would have Cupcake OS instead of Eclair. Especially with all of the rumors of an OS update for the Eris. I am pretty dissapointed. But I am interested in seeing the Motoblur in action.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is a pretty good review of the Device.

Engadget w/pictures