Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Motorola has officially announced an upcoming smartphome on the Android platform called the BACKFLIP that ... Android News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Motorola Announces the BACKFLIP with MOTOBLUR

Advertisement

Motorola has officially announced an upcoming smartphome on the Android platform called the BACKFLIP that will sport the MOTOBLUR UI. As you can see in the pics it has a unique revers flip design. I would love to see it in action on video to get a handle on just how it works. PCWorld promises to have one soon, but if any of you know of a link that shows off the action of this phone please share. There are some images here you can maneuver with your mouse and see how it works. With AT&T's announcement earlier today of 5 upcoming Android phones including one with a unique form factor, it is suspected that this is what they were hinting at.

I was checking out the specs and kind of surprised to see it coming with Android 1.5 but upgradable to 2.x and only a 2mb memory card. It has an interesting touchpad behind the screen they are calling BACKTRACK navigation.

Specs:

• MEMORY8
      2 GB microSD pre-installed
    • ACCELEROMETER
      Yes
    • NETWORKS4
      WCDMA 850/1900/2100, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps (category 7/8), EDGE Class 12, GPRS Class 12, aGPS, v2.0
    • REMOVABLE MEMORY9
      supports up to 32 GB microSD
    • DISPLAY TYPE
      256k TFT
    • COLORS
      Platinum Silver
    • DISPLAY SIZE
      3.1-in.; HVGA (320 x 480 pixels)
    • WEIGHT
      4.7 oz.; 133 grams
    • SIZE (H X W X D)
      53.00 x 108.00 x 15.30 mm

Check out full specs here.

So what do you think of this one?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by azstar; 01-06-2010 at 11:37 PM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    This phone looks sorry compared to the Droid and the Nexus.

I want to play with it, but don't think I would want to own one. That touchpad on the back will have me at the AT&T store playing so I can see what it's like, and I've not yet played with MOTOBLUR either....but I'm not wishing it was mine.
    Twitter? My Apps List

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3
    a cliq on drugs
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I kinda like it. But not sure how it works.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Here's a video I found on youtube from the ces show
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eu9aWs...ient=mv-google

rush420 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Bout time at&t got android slow pokes!!!!!"Lol

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree - been waiting for AT&T to join the Android crowd. But not sure why they're messing with these toy-like phones. Bring a version of the Moto Droid/Milestone or Nexus One!

crackaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by NickAC View Post
    I agree - been waiting for AT&T to join the Android crowd. But not sure why they're messing with these toy-like phones. Bring a version of the Moto Droid/Milestone or Nexus One!
    That would take to much away from the iPhone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by crackaberry View Post
    That would take to much away from the iPhone.
    That's what I keep hearing, but I don't understand why. Seems to me the majority of those that want an iPhone only want the iPhone. So they'll pick it up even if one of these other Android phones are available - especially if the price is about the same.

And for those who are interested in Android phones, wouldn't it be better for AT&T to have the products available to keep them as customers rather than lose them to rivals?

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    i think its a great entry level device for someone wanting a Android device but doesnt want to pay the higher cost for a G1/MyTouch/Eris or MotoDroid. Motorola makes good products (in my opinion) for the most part. As always its personal preference, and as long as it feels durable and sturdy, it might work out pretty well. Id like to get my hands on one to play around and try it out.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    After watchin the video I don't like it I think the pad of the back is more of a hassle then beneficial, I think had the put it on the keyboard in a smaller form it would be beneficial imo. But it'll sell seeing as its att's first android device

Engadget unboxing and hands on review HERE

I think this thing is going to bomb big time! I can't believe they took out everything that makes it Android.....not only Motorola bogging it down with motoblur, but now AT&T replacing the stock android apps even right down to the google searches being replaced with yahoo

The wonderful integration of the google products is one of the best things about Android.....I think the backflip will just be a big old belly-flop!
    Twitter? My Apps List

I agree! I just posted up that news you gave me about ATT replacing Google with Yahoo.. It's CRAZY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast