Fanning speculation that it could unveil a self-branded smartphone to challenge the way mobile devices ... Android News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Google schedules Android announcement for next week

Advertisement

Fanning speculation that it could unveil a self-branded smartphone to challenge the way mobile devices have been sold, Google has scheduled an announcement for next week about its Android mobile platform.

Whether the event scheduled for next Tuesday will involve details of Google's plans to market a heavily rumored "Google phone" — an HTC-built prototype dubbed the Nexus One was distributed to Google employees recently — or will be about a bundle of software services or applications built around the company's Android operating system was unclear to industry observers Tuesday.

Read More

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Will Google cannibalize what it's done up to now? Droid owners may end up having a bad taste over a fresh 2 year contract. I think the phone will be a huge hit and can't wait for it's release.

I just wonder about it's timing?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The prices seem pretty good.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yup $529 without carrier/contract is almost $100 less than I thought it would be.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    hurry up!!!!!
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Google is poised to present a game changer and it won't be the handset (hardware) but the dynamic and rapid pace of refinement, of this mobile OS.

The only reason for the handset is to attract even more attention, as people never call the OS "sexy" but they do handsets. Why is beyond me ... but they do.

Google is brilliant, they know what they are doing, and they're about to pin the ears back on all others. From there only time will tell. If I was Apple, or RIM, I'd be plenty worried.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im excited about the possibility of this being released by AT&T, I just hope its ot in the summer, I cant wait that long. LOL.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red