One big thing that is holding Android devices back in the corporate world is the ... Android News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Google Looking To Step Up The Competition, Enterprise Support Is Coming

One big thing that is holding Android devices back in the corporate world is the lack of enterprise capabilities but Google is about to change that. In a step that will definitely make Android a more serious BlackBerry competitor the VP of engineering at Google, Andy Rubin, made statements Friday about Android's future in enterprise. It's early in the process so it most likely will not become reality to consumers until next year...but it's coming.

"Today we don't support many enterprise applications but in the future I think enterprise will be a good focus for us," Rubin said in an interview with Reuters. Rubin said Google would have support for enterprises "as soon as this year" but noted that the timing for Android phones that support businesses would depend on the speed at which manufacturers can add it to their products.
    "The best I can do is release a platform with all the goodies inside in it and then the (manufacturers) do their job," Rubin said"

[via Reuters]
    [via mocoNews]
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    Google has a winning gem on their hands and I really, really hope they realize that. In a short time, they've built a pretty big fan base and have manufacturers putting out handsets at a great pace considering the relative age of the OS. I could see Android becoming a serious contender in the business and consumer world with the right handling.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS