Google has added another useful feature to Android phones running 2.0 or greater, Gesture Search. ... Android News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Google Adds Gesture Search to Android 2.0 and Higher

Advertisement

Google has added another useful feature to Android phones running 2.0 or greater, Gesture Search. Using gesture search you can easily find contacts, apps, bookmarks, and song tracks but drawing letters on your touch screen. You can choose which of the four areas are searchable, and adjust the writing speed. So far it seems to very accurately pick up my writing and it also gives search results showing similar letters in case it can't read your writing, I wrote "Pins", but it thought I could have meant "Ring" or something else so it showed my PinStack bookmark(best match for the search) at the top, but offered me other possible choices like Ringdroid as you can see in the screen shot.

From the Googe gesture info page:

"Do you find it hard to find a contact or locate an application from a list of hundreds of items on an Android phone? Or do you find it stressful to search for an item by typing in its title while on the go?

Gesture Search from Google Labs lets you search your Android-powered device by drawing alphabet gestures on the touch screen. It allows you to quickly find a contact, a bookmark, an application, or a music track from hundreds or thousands of items, all in one place. It is fast and fun to use.

Gesture Search currently supports English and requires Android 2.0 or above"

Those with Android 2.0 or higher can download Gesture Search from the Market. I think it works great and will be a good addition to be built into the OS, but for now it is a Google labs project and gestures must be accessed via an App icon.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Now I want an Android even more. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best Android out right now (in their opinion of course)?

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    The problem currently is that you have this amazing operating system (more of a 'computer' os even), with really crappy and under-powered hardware. The only phone I've seen come even close to a 'natural' feel where there's no lag is the Sprint version of the HTC. I've personally owned the MyTouch -- very laggy (unless you go down the cyanogen mod hacks), and the Verizon Droid -- which has a nice big display, but crappy keyboard and very crappy battery life.

Overall, I would say -- wait just a bit. They will get much better with the next 2-3 cycles of phone releases. I've been reading about some fantastic HTC hardware improvements which should really make a difference.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    Now I want an Android even more. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best Android out right now (in their opinion of course)?
    If you want a keyboard with a great network, go with the Motorola Droid. If you want all touch screen and stronger processor, go with the Nexus 1. These are the two best on the market and both are VERY powerful devices in the hands of someone willing to learn how to use a true multitasking device.

The gesture search is another great feature you can add to a list that grows literally everyday!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yep. I agree with rdills. Droid or nexus. Hands down the best phones on the market period.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; HTC Bravo Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Just received word that this available for 1.6 and higher now (YAY!!). It's in the Market under Gesture Search.