There's been a handful of stories over the last few weeks about an official Facebook ... Android News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Facebook App for Android Soon?

Advertisement

There's been a handful of stories over the last few weeks about an official Facebook app for the Android platform, but nothing definitive. There's currently a web interface for it, but nothing like the apps we've come accustomed to on other platforms. However, the folks over at AndroidGuys managed to get their hands on some screen shots of the app in action. Pictured below, it definitely has the Facebook look and feel and means that it is most definitely in production. While there is no release information yet, it could be any day now.

Full article here

Update

AndroidMe posted an update today on the FB app. A customer in a T-Mobile store reported:

"I was in a T-Mobile store today to check out the new MyTouch phone and noticed a “Facebook” icon in the apps list. When I clicked on it, it had a login screen for a facebook username/password. I did not test it any further because I wasn’t about to type my credentials into a demo phone, but I did find it odd that the phone even had this app because the last I heard was that some screenshots had leaked out and everyone was waiting for it to become available.

Anyway, I’ve attached a picture I took of the phone with the Facebook icon in the apps list. I forgot to take a picture of the login screen, but if it’s on the demo phones in the T-Mobile stores, I’m sure someone else will notice it and try it out."

Also, they added that the picture posted last week was actually from the Android Market site itself. Go to http://www.android.com/market/apps/facebook-lg-01.jpg to view it again yourself. Looks like FB could be here any day now.

Full update here.
    Last edited by MStrawder; 08-09-2009 at 07:42 PM.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Wow. That app looks awesome.
    SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/UCIB1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11)

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    finaly

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    about time! now hurry the H up and finish it! i've been refusing to download and go on facebook on my g1 i'm waiting for this app!
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14427/554; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

pattachan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Same here, I've been using twitter much more now that I don't have a B-Berry anymore! Twidroid rocks, wheres my official facebook lovin?!?

I've been checking the Android Market everyday! Still nada.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

PIN/ID
    Ask
    bump
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

Anything new?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Nothing other then the update above showing it pushed to an Android device pictured above. The article doesn't mention whether this was really an app, or just a shortcut to the site.
    How to upgrade your OS

That icon is familiar. Looks like the facebook lite app that asks you to dl other apps from dev at startup.