Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Motorola has since retracted all posts on facebook, twitter, and the moto forums about the ... Android News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Motorola has since retracted all posts on facebook, twitter, and the moto forums about the update and just said, sorry, we jumped the gun on this one Yay for rooting or I would be going freaking nuts!!!!!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    OMG! I feel sorry for those poor souls who are too scared to root. Maybe this will push them to it.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

MissBlackberry9630 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30cad226

Thats funny. . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    My son was having problems with the power button od his droid, we just left the verizon store with his replacement. The customer service rep saide the only update she knew of is one for the Eris that enables tether. But the right hand doesn't always know what the left is doing. Thank goodness for rooting!

I work for VZW and I have known about the update for weeks, so have most of my coworkers. But we get a lot of our info from websites like this. . . . lol

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Got my droid! Not sure if I should root this thing it's already quick! What am I missing? Can I root and still run the stock rom? I just want the tether app. I use tether quite a lot.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    Got my droid! Not sure if I should root this thing it's already quick! What am I missing? Can I root and still run the stock rom? I just want the tether app. I use tether quite a lot.

Thats all good!

Use it stock for a few days and then root it. Of course being experienced with Android you know rooting unlocks a new world. There's been a lot of new innovations going on with rooting the Droid. Apps that apply different skins and themes to your whatever ROM you choose. Also instant root apps. So much fun..you know I'm trying out everything!

One thing to note is the rumors that this new update will block root access. Dont know if thats true but I take no chances. You will have to wait for another exploit to be found. A scary thought for me.
    Last edited by rdills; 02-11-2010 at 01:11 AM.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Also there's a free app on the market called PdaNet that is for tethering, I haven't used it but it has great reviews. You really can do quite a bit without rooting. Have fun with it!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12