Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Azstar and other PinStackers who are loving their Droid but missing some of the N1 ... Android News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

DROID Will Be Getting Android 2.1 in coming update

Advertisement

Azstar and other PinStackers who are loving their Droid but missing some of the N1 features there is good news being posted by Engadget.

via Engadget

It's based on Android 2.1. The build currently being circulated is identified as 2.1 version 1, mirroring the update just pushed to the Nexus One last week.
    Google Goggles is now pre-installed (no matter how unhelpful it may be).
    The browser's now multitouch enabled, just like Google Maps 3.4. Huzzah! No Flash, but then again, we weren't really expecting that.
    Interestingly, the home screen's still got the same look as 2.0.1, meaning it doesn't adopt the Nexus One's rotating 3D grid of app icons -- it's still got the pull-up drawer tab at the bottom.
    No active wallpapers. Bummer!
    The news and weather widgets introduced on the Nexus One are included. Maybe certain capabilities of 2.1 are going to be restricted to devices with minimum performance benchmarks?

Smile and be happy
    Last edited by srl7741; 02-08-2010 at 05:30 PM.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    awesome. i'm switching to vzw this wednesday and i'm excited. already got the root and overclock commands bookmarked lol
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Congrats W.P.! It is like a super G1 more than anything.lol You will miss the trackball though. Seriously!

They should leave out the 3D app tray and live wallpaper as neither serves any real purpose except to slow my Droid down. I like speed more than anything. My Droid is blazing fast overclocked at 950mhz and I have my ota updates blocked. Dont want them taking away my root access.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    My son was having problems with the power button od his droid, we just left the verizon store with his replacement. The customer service rep saide the only update she knew of is one for the Eris that enables tether. But the right hand doesn't always know what the left is doing. Thank goodness for rooting!

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Congrats W.P.! It is like a super G1 more than anything.lol You will miss the trackball though. Seriously!

They should leave out the 3D app tray and live wallpaper as neither serves any real purpose except to slow my Droid down. I like speed more than anything. My Droid is blazing fast overclocked at 950mhz and I have my ota updates blocked. Dont want them taking away my root access.
    is 950 stable? i was only gonna do the 800. also, how much storage for apps do you have? no need for apps2sd right?
    Paolo
    Apple MacBook Pro

I'M overclocked to 950 but running at 800 most of the time, 950 was stable for me but 800 is a bit easier on the battery
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    is 950 stable? i was only gonna do the 800. also, how much storage for apps do you have? no need for apps2sd right?
    Yes its rock solid even up to 1.1ghz but I choose to leave it at 950. Storage for apps is roughly about 260mb. I have over 150 apps with about 70mb free. The Devs are starting to get creative with the memory as well. A new game I just bought(ExZeus), stored 3mb on my internal memory and 59mb on my sd card, which I think is simply awesome!

how's battery life on 800mhz? the g1 batt life is terrible.
    Paolo
    Apple MacBook Pro

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    The huge screen is the biggest battery drain to worry about. You wont be running constantly whatever you max it out at. With "Set CPU", you can create different profiles, get very detailed with how and when you want it to run, at whatever speed. Because of this I haven't really seen a difference in batt life. It may even be a little better. But the Droid's battery will feel like a beast coming from the G1 if you keep the screen turned down.

i'm excited!
    Paolo
    Apple MacBook Pro

Motorola posted on their facebook page that the update will roll out this week as well: http://www.facebook.com/motorola?v=f...8153158&ref=mf
    Twitter? My Apps List

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Good news comes earlier than expected then.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    well, just OC to 800, gonna "BAM" kick it up a notch too 1000 and see how she runs.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Which ROM are you using? Will you go ahead and update when the OTA comes or will you wait?
    Twitter? My Apps List

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    You know, not knowing a thing about Linux I found exactly what I needed in the Market paid $5 and it was worth it and more, (SholesMod Updater) although I hear you can find it for free now, but something like this one should support the Devs. And for the OverClocking I got the (SetCPU for Root User) neither requires any real knowledge of Linux, just follow the on Screen instructions and of course the chatter on various boards will help also.

And this ROM I don't see what I will be missing with the up coming 2.1, so I'll just wait and see.
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 02-09-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast