For anyone who has switched to Android from BlackBerry like I did, the native Android ... Android News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Dolphin Browser For Android Now uses Muilti-Touch on Android 2.0

Advertisement

For anyone who has switched to Android from BlackBerry like I did, the native Android browser is amazing compared to the BlackBerry browser. It's fast, it renders pages beautifully, supports multiple windows, has great sharing functions but lacks just a few things that a 3rd party browser on the Android market has implemented. Android 2.0 has support for multi-touch yet for some reason none of the native apps take advantage of this yet. Thankfully some 3rd party apps like the Dolphin browser do!

This is still a work in progress, the UI on Dolphin needs some polishing, the pinch zooming is not as good as iPhone/iPod Touch but it is still much better than a basic double tap or touching the onscreen -/+. Even with it's lack of polish, this is still one of my most used apps on my Droid. The Dolphin Browser is also great for viewing full versions of sites which automatically detect the Android mobile browser and force you to a mobile version of the site. There are even free themes for the Dolphin browser that allow you to change up the colors a bit. Even if you don't have a Motorola Droid and can't yet use the multi-touch capabilities, the Dolphin browser is still a great alternative and it's free so check it out!

For those who have not tried Dolphin on Android, check out the videos below and see what you are missing.

Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

SgtCrucial no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30EA313C
    HA **** a android for us TRUE blackberry users download the opera mini browser. Not only does it add flash player to your BB it allows u to watch youtube.com videos or just get xenozu from the world app. The opera mini browser is FREE an runs faster than ANY phone or high speed connection uncludin WIFI. Doubt me an try it.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/1128; U; en) Presto/2.2.0
    Last edited by azstar; 12-03-2009 at 11:16 AM.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Another nice feature is that it has an auto RSS finder for those who like to get site updates through RSS. You can then have your web browser set to get those RSS feeds.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    The Dolphin browser is the hotness. I like making my own finger gestures.

Im gonna ignore that 2nd foolish post. Did he compare web browsing on a BB to Android?!?!
    Last edited by rdills; 12-02-2009 at 01:05 PM.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Useful and fun to step up/customize. I like it and thank you for the information.

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the Hero running 1.5 and this browser works flawlessly! I downloaded it last night and used it all day. I have not had any issues, and highly recommend it!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

The update is nice, some polishing to the tabs/UI.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have it on my g1,works fine although it sometimes is slow to render some pages
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Theme packs are now available for Dolphin Browser. You can get it through the market or go to Setting, Theme settings.

They used to have more themes. All I see is cyan candy and heat. I have purple candy that I downloaded when I first got dolphin but it's not showing up in the market anymore. There were other colors too but I no longer see them. Hopefully they will make more, I like changing things up a bit.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17