I think it's a valid question to ask Stackers? Does the Android Market need a ... Android News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Does the Android Market Need A Desktop Presence?

Advertisement

I think it's a valid question to ask Stackers? Does the Android Market need a Desktop presence?
    What do all of you using the Android think? Would it help you locate and install Apps or would it simply cause you to surf the Market more leaving you more likely to download and install more Apps you may have missed?

I've often posted it's not just about the device anymore. There are 3 key components to success in the Smartphone market.
    1. The Device (of course)
    2. Sync/Backup options
    3. Apps and delivery/management options

Hop over the TechCruch and see how Jason feels about it.

Currently, all Android Market browsing and transactions are done through an application that comes with the phone. This mobile application used to be pretty bad (it didn’t even offer screenshots of the apps), but was finally overhauled in September to be more competitive with the iPhone’s mobile version of the App Store. The new version is a big improvement, but browsing the store from the phone isn’t exactly a good time — you can only see a few apps at once, so scrolling through various lists gets tedious.

Full Article

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    doesn't really matter whether it needs it or not. they should just do it.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I think a desktop version would do wonders. It would be easier to browse and explore all the apps and things out there. I don't mind doing it via my droid but would probably be able to explore more via desktop.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I would love a desktop version. I get bored after browsing so many appear on my phone, and I know im missing out on some great stuff.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; MB200 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The current desktop version is so limited, no search, categories, just some of the top paid, top free, and featured. I would love to have a full featured desktop market.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks for the link, Az. I didn't even relieze it could be accessed via PC.

dasudevil no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    The current desktop version is so limited, no search, categories, just some of the top paid, top free, and featured. I would love to have a full featured desktop market.
    I second this thought.
    dASUdevil

White MyTouch 3G
    Black Rubber Case
    Some Apps (need more)

Will never get rid of my BB love that thing. Its perfect other then it being out of date :P

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I believe it is a good idea that Google will develop in time. They are such a giant in the industry that it's not unusual to perceive them as being slow. After all just look at how long it took some of the others to get up to speed.