There were a few apps that I had on my BlackBerry and search for on ... Android News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Dictionary.com App Released for Android

Advertisement

There were a few apps that I had on my BlackBerry and search for on occasion in the Android Market. Tonight I was browsing through the "Just In" list and saw the newly released Dictionary.com app. I have given it a quick test and it seems to work great on my Motorola DROID. It has 4 tabs, Dictionary.com with work definitions, variations, and even audible pronunciation so you can listen to the proper pronunciations. It also has a Thesaurus.com tab with part of speach, definition, and synonyms. There is a history so you can quickly find recently looked up words, and the word of the day both English and Spanish words. You also have the option to share word definitions but only via text and email. It would be nice if it had native Android share integration so we could easily send to twitter, facebook, etc. So far in my brief test this was the only negative thing I found. I do like how it easily found and defined the root word of what I searched(screen shot 1) and showed the related forms of the word. It's free so head to the Market and check it out.

_____
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's about time they made one for Android. I would email them asking about an app, but never heard back so I downloaded the ColorDict app instead. Will check this out, thanks.
    Last edited by goldengirl75; 02-13-2010 at 02:44 AM.

It doesn't say it's for 2.0+ only in the description... bummer if you can't get it.

I just realized it has a word of the day widget too, though I doubt I will use up screen space with it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    No, I found it (duh) after having to page down several times before finding it. It seems to be running smoothly and looks really good so far.
    Thanks again.

Oh good
    Twitter? My Apps List

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks heading on over, I've been using the "Color dictionary" but I did love the Dictionary.com when I had my Bold, and the pronunciation is a big plus...